Clomid

pendygirl
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 7:15 pm 
Post subject: Clomid
Hi, I am very new to this forum thing. But I just was wondering if anyone had any experience with taking Clomid? I took my fist round of clomid day 3-7 starting on May 13th. OPK said i peeked on May 23rd. Today is CD 27. When should I take a test? Now you also must know that I was diagnosed with PCOS so my cycles are not normal at all. I actually had to take progesterone to get my cycle back on track this time because I had an 83 day cycle! So I dont know what my average cycle lengths actually are. The one before my 83 day cycle was 35 days.
Tillysmum
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:35 am 
Post subject:
Hi - I am also taking clomid at the moment - i take it from day 2-6, I normally ovulate about day 13 to 14 but dont always get signs which is why most months I do a day 21 blood test to see if I am ovulating. I am not sure when to suggest testing but I would have thought the clomid would regulate you a bit. I too have PCO but not PCOS as I have veryregular 28 day cycles and dont have weight issues or excess hair etc. Clomid worked for me when I had my first daughter. Good luck x
katokc1
Posted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:34 pm 
Post subject:
Hi...i'm on my second round of clomid...I take it on day 5 of my period and take it for 5 days....I go in for a 21 day test and we bd pretty much for the whole month so we don't miss a beat...lol....it make my period a day longer last month....but I would wait and wait a week after day 21 then test...thats what my dr says
Posted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:38 pm 
Post subject:
my doc advised not to test until day 30, and Clomid worked for me, first month on it.

Good luck all Very Happy
Jelly31
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:55 pm 
Post subject:
I've just started going for all the blood tests etc after not conceiving after a year of trying. I also now have a really irregular cycle - last one was 70 days. How many tests and things did you have to go through before you were prescribed with clomid? At the moment I'm just playing a waiting game and it is so frustrating!
stircrazy
Posted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:31 pm 
Post subject:
hi everyone, im new and i had also just started taking clomid..i also had a laparosopy done last week due to a lot of endo..... Smile
rosie36
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:20 pm 
Post subject:
welcome to this crazy forum stircrazy!!!! love your pic!!! Laughing Laughing xxx
redbunny
Posted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:56 pm 
Post subject: Hello
I took clomid last month on day 2 to 5 of my cycle, scan was on day 10 of cycle but showed 3 follicles so treatment abandoned as the hospital thought it could result in a multiple pregnancy! We were really disappointed...now just waiting for AF to arrive, was supposed to arrive yesterday and don't want to do a test incase its a BFN! Has anyone else on clomid experienced AF being late due to being on clomid?

xx
Tillysmum
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:16 am 
Post subject:
Hi Redbunny, we hae been TTC No 2 for 3 years now and I am now taking my 3rd lot of clomid. (4th month) I fell with my first daughter after just 2 months of clomid, I have PCO but do ovulate with the clomid. It was 7 years ago so things can change but according to all my tests and my lap and dye I am okay. Clomid makes me feel like [*@!#%*] - bloated, moody pains in my stomach, the list goes on however I am persevering because I want another child. My cycles are normally spot on 28 days although last month was 26 and the time before 30? May be something to do with the clomid. I am sorry IUI didnt work - we were going to have that but were advised not to and go straight for IVF which we are doing in Sept. Good luck xx
redbunny
Posted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:14 pm 
Post subject: Hi
Hi Terina, thanks for your reply. AF arrived today on day 30 when I, like you, always have a 28 day cycle so it must have been the clomid...DH and I are very disappointed, yet another long month of waiting......consultant advised not to take clomid this time as last time resulted in too many follicles so lets see what shows up on my 10 day scan next Friday, fingers crossed they can go ahead with the treatment and more importantly it works, feels like we have been waiting a lifetime to get pregnant and at 31 I am getting very concerned! How come you were advised to go straight for IVF? DH and I are thinkng of giving clomid one more shot this month then asking consultant to let us have IVF...hope you're IVF goes well in September and you don't have to wait too long for BFP xx
Tillysmum
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:30 am 
Post subject:
Hi Redbunny. In answer to your question (and I didnt want to say this so I so hope you dont mind) but we were told IUI has [*@!#%*] results and that 5 or 6 attempts at that would cost the same as having a go at IVF where the results were better. I am still taking clomid, I have another 3 months left so I am hoping and praying that we get lucky before we have to go down the IVF route. I wish you all the luck with your next try xx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Fertility Issues All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular