How long for ivf to start??

breezer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:35 pm 
Post subject: How long for ivf to start??
Hi ladies,

can anyone tell me how long (on NHS clinic, Barts in London) it is from your first consulation to actually starting treatment?

My and hubby been ttc for four years and finally told we were being referred last week, so just having blood tests done once they back we will be referred and hopefully should only be a six to eight week wait for first consultation at clinic! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Any experiences from anyone would be great - I don't know anyone who has gone through IVF so have no idea what to expect! Shocked
JoannaJane
Posted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:24 am 
Post subject:
i want to know too - we have our first consultation on Tuesday so i was keen to know how long it took after the consultation.

We are going to Roehampton (NHS). From being refferred from our consultant at the hospital it took 6 months, was really impressed.

goodluck btw. xxxxx
xxSUExx
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:06 pm 
Post subject:
Hi, didn't want to read & run. When we looked into ivf (before hubby's vas reversal) at the A.R.G.C in london we were told that after the initial consultation they like to monitor you for one cycle. I am not sure if during that time they will give you drugs etc to start prepping your body or not but I just wanted to tell you what I knew. Good luck to both of you!!! xxxx
Posted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:30 pm 
Post subject:
We are going to Bath although privately it took 5 weeks to get the appointment which is this coming wednesday, and we should start our cycle in June.

Some waiting lists are shorter than others and I know that Bristol has just announced it has no waiting list at all for NHS, unfortunately we don't qualify for NHS treatment Sad

Good luck hun, i am pretty sure once you are seen your treatment would be within the next couple of months, it's usually the wait for the 1st appointment that can be long.
October 2010 2nd ICSI, short protocol BFN
trying to raise funds for round 3, hoping to cycle august 2011
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> IVF & Sterilisation Reversal All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular