I know they mean well!

1st
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:27 pm 
Post subject: I know they mean well!
Hi everybody...this is my first time coming onto a forum and I know it is a bit late considering I am due this Saturday but I am tired already of 101 people calling and/or texting me as to whether the baby has come yet.

Wouldn't I have called or text them to let them know??? I know everybody means well but it is just too tiring having to answer calls and messages everyday with the same thing...blurrrrr and then there are some people who call more than once a week to ask me how I am but if there was anything wrong I would tell them.

I know I sound very ungrateful and moany but I love my friends and family but I think I am just getting tired of it all now...I'm sure when the baby comes and the fuss is all over I will be wondering where everybody has gone lol!

A happy pregnant woman Very Happy
Trying81andThomas
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 8:21 am 
Post subject:
Welcome to AB hun xxxx
just noticed this post. I know everybody means well...they are just excited and want to know whats happening, but im also sure its just frustrating.
How are things coming along? Any signs of labour yet? xxxxxx Are u excited or nervous?

wishingonastar
Posted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 8:29 am 
Post subject:
I know how you feel, my dad rings every week and says'how you feeling' and I always have the same answer that i'm fine. I don't know what we used to talk about before I was pg! x
Posted: Tue May 12, 2009 4:06 pm 
Post subject:
I have got ages to go yet but have similar concerns to you! I lost a baby in nov last year but before that we had told a few people - parents included. They rarely rung me but as soon as they knew I would get calls and texts everyday! We haven't told anyone in the family yet and I'm enjoying the peace and quiet! I just know that as soon as we do, the barrage will begin again!

Have you thought about recording an answerphone message to say that you're ok and are resting, and that you will let them know when baby comes along? Then, when it does, record another one with all the details and ask them to leave you a message so you can call them back when you have a few minutes to spare...

I think I will be doing this!

Good luck!

;0)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Birth Club 2009 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular