Had 1 ectopic and still trying to conceive

misshopeful
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:03 am 
Post subject: Had 1 ectopic and still trying to conceive
Hi ladies,

(thanks for putting this in board people).

I had an ectopic pregnancy 2 1/2 years ago now and have been ttc ever since. I remember the pain like it was yesterday. I got to enjoy my pregnancy for about a week then the pain started. was in pain for about 2 weeks in total. Went to hospital 3 times, had 3 ultrasounds, 3 vaginal examinations and they all still didn't think it was ectopic. Last time i went to hospital they finally decided to send me to another hopsital to have the op. I was about 6 weeks pregnant. I should have been a mum for a while now but sadly no of course.

I'm still desperately trying for that longed for baby. My OH has about 5 million good sperms out of 200 million. still sounds like a lot but it's just not happening. OH is having another SA to see if things have improved over the last 9 months. (gosh it's been that long already since last one. Sad

I get to finally have a hysterosalpingogram at the end of next month. i'm feeling pretty postive that my tubes will be fine but still slightly worried as we all do.

At least the ball is starting to roll now.

So for anyone who needs information or just someone to talk to feel free to PM me or leave a post on here.

Sending loads of baby dust to everyone and congrats to everyone else who has gotten BFP Smile
Posted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:30 pm 
Post subject:
Hi misshopeful,

I too had an ectopic pregnancy in January 2008. We had already been ttc for over a year and i was over the moon when i found out i was pregnant but only lasted a few days until i found out the baby was ectopic. I reckon i was about 6 weeks when they gave me the methotrexate shot.

We have been trying again since june last year and still nothing, i have been back to the docs for my bloods and all is fine. This week they have referred me to the hospital for fertility treatment so my oh will be having a SA and they can investigate me further. Hopefully the appointment shouldnt take too long to come through.

In one way i am glad that the ball is now rolling and we can get ourselves looked at but im so scared they will find something terribly wrong.

The doctor told us we were probably trying too hard and thinking about it too much which i agree with her in a way because it is constantly on my mind.

I think its the waiting game thats the hardest. What upsets me the most is all the years i spent trying my hardest not to get pregnant! I always had a full life and never really thought about children till i hit 30. I wonder if i left it too late....

Take care and good luck to you xx
charb
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:04 am 
Post subject:
Hi Girls,

I just wanted to share with you my story, I had a ep in august 08 and was approximately 6 weeks pregnant, I was so excited as I had mc in May 08 and wanted more than anything to be a mum. Well things didn't go well, the bleeding started and the pain and unfortunately I lost my right tube, My obgyn told me that my left tube was healthy and so were both of my ovaries. We were thinking about starting IVF in Jan of this year but my oh wanted to wait another few months and see if nature takes it course and to my joy it happened, I fell and am now 11 weeks pregnant, I never thought it would happen, I wanted to wish you all good luck and stay positive, if it can happen for me it can happen for all of us.
xxxxx
Posted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:51 am 
Post subject:
hi charb,

what awesome news for you. Congrats on your pregnacy. Glad to see you made it past the 6 week stage. I am so happy for you. Glad you were able to wait. saved yourself some money and needles. I hope the rest of the pregnancy goes by without a hitch. My OH has not so good spermies so i'm guessing we will have to probably go through IVF or something. will find out soon i'm sure.
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:47 am 
Post subject:
hi misshopeful,

thank you for your good wishes. I wish you and your oh all the best, I was so ready to try ivf , if your need any information, I think that you are in Australia - newcastle I recall, I live on the central coast near terrigal and I know a clinic which is in sydney but worth the hour and half drive and medicare does cover alot of the expenses. PM me and I'll give you the details.
Stay strong and positive,
xxxx Charb
Posted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:32 am 
Post subject:
hi everyone, my name is clare. i suffered an ectopic at 6 weeks just like most of you back in may 07 and as a result lost my left tube. i would just like to say keep positive and don't concentrate on it too much because 18 months later i fell and i am now 31 weeks pregnant with the first girl in my family. be strong coz i know how you feel wondering if this month will be it. good luck x x x
nervousnicki
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:19 am 
Post subject:
Hi All

I only joined this site yesterday. I have a million and one questions to ask and it's too early to ask anyone. I found out i was pregnant last friday and although a little shocked i was happy. I thought i was having my normal period pains ( iget bad pain for the first 2 days of my period) but no other sign. So i did 3 tests in total and found i was about 5 weeks pregnant. My pdroblem is that i have been getting achey period type pain in the day and 2 evenings i have woken up with what is like my first 2 days of bad pain of a period. It lasts for about 30mins and only goes with a hot water bottle. I have looked this up on the internet and now scared myself to death with all that i found. I am worried that it might be an eptopic pregnancy but i spoke to my doctor today who said it is unlikely as the pain should be constant.
Sorry to waffle on and i don't know all the right baby speak on here but has anyone any advise for me? Am i being over the top in worrying?

Nicki Confused
clareingram
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:50 pm 
Post subject:
hi nikki,
i was exactly the same as you when i found out i was pregnant this time and i have suffered an ectopic, i still get my normal period pains every month i would usually be on. an ectopic pregnancy the pain is unbearable but i would say i didn't suffer constantly, only when it ruptured coz i didnt even know i was pregnant at the time. i also started bleeding, so keep an eye on that. i think by the sounds of what you have said i think you will be absolutely fine and try not to worry, web sites make you worry more, so just rest as much as you can for the next few weeks and good luck x x x clare
LILLYBOXER
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:47 am 
Post subject: alot of bad luck
hi thought i would let people no about my situation and if any one has any advise. im 26 and been trying for a baby for over a year and a half to my surprise aug 2008 i found out i was pregnant my joy only lasted weeks 4 weeks later i miscarraged Sad 4 months later pregnant again. 2 weeks later another m/c. i fell pregnant 2 moth ago and woke up in real pain had a scan and found out it was ectopic had to have my left tube taken away now i feel i never be a mam Crying or Very sad has any one been in the same situation and gone on to have a baby natural. nicola xx
misshopeful
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:58 am 
Post subject:
Hi nicola,

I just had to reply to your message. I am so sorry to hear about your m/c's and ectopic. I know someone on here gas gone on to have a healthy pregnancy and give birth naturally.
Although i am still waiting to fall pregnant again. I sincerely hope your dreams come true soon. It's good to know that you are able to conceive. I would get your other tube checked out. I only found out with my HSG that my other tube was blocked. meanwhile i had been trying for over 2 1/2 years with no success. Good luck hun and don't take no for an answer. People will say you have time on your side being 26 but it doens't take long for 2 years to fly by when you have to go to fertility clinic and stuffs. I don't like it when people tell me that. I'm 25 1/2 and i know i'm gonna be at least 27 before i have any real chance of trying for a baby.

I dont 'want to leave motherhood later. I want to finish having my children by the time i'm 35. Good luck hun. Let me know how you go.
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:32 am 
Post subject:
It truly feel your emotions ladies as I have said on here before I too lost my baby when I had my EP in March 2008. I read your stories and hope and pray that you you are able to concieve again and hopefully sometime soon. MIsshopeful I understand what people mean when they say you have time on our side but I too understand it doesnt take away your pain or help how you are feeling. I just hope you can both find the strength to keep trying ( I know its not easy). I have been blessed and almost a year after my EP I have been able to concieve again, despite the fact that Im 36 with just one tube left and was told my remaining tube was blocked when I had my HSG in Feb. I must of concieved days after my HSG when I had totally given up all chances of falling pregnant naturally. I appreciate I already have 2 older children but truly believed my only chance of having my much wanted baby went the day I lost my EP Angel and my tube that went with it. But luckily it didnt. Stay strong ladies, it can happen and I really hope and wish it does happen for you soon.

Take care. Clairexx
LILLYBOXER
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:21 pm 
Post subject:
hi thanks for the reply i had my ovaries and right tube check and they said it was fine abit of good luck. sorry to here about u still waiting 2 and half years later what have the doctors said. im going to wait a few more months before i start trying again get my head together. good luck with everything keep me posted Smile nicola xx
abi123
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:14 pm 
Post subject: !"!
heya

i too have suffered an ectoipc. even though i was un aware of even being pregnant being told then rushed in to surgery was the scariest thing in my life!! after surgery to remove the ruptured tube i spoke with my surgeon who said that my remianing tube has scaring from previous surgery, whcih would make my chances of having a second ectopic higher, or that evn though i had both my ovaries concieving natrually may be harder/

being told all that at 18 was quite a shock for both me and my boyfriend.
BUT 2 years down the line i have just found out that im 6weeks pregnant!!SmileSmileSmile

there is hope for all those thaat have been unfortunate to have an e/p!!!!!!!!!!!
OOOO0
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:31 pm 
Post subject:
Hi abi, Im sorry to hear you too have been through the pain of an ectopic pregnancy. And Big congrats on your fantastic pregnancy news. You must be so happy. Hows the pg so far, have you had an early scan or are you booked for one. ? Take Care. Clairex
abi123
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:53 am 
Post subject: !"!
heya claire

it was a very scary time!!
yes as soon as i found out i went straigh to the doctors who were abolutly brilliant!! and sent me straight to the hospital for an early scan that showed everythings in the right place!!

all good news so far everythings going fine apart from feeling sick all day and all night!!!!

xxxxxxcx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Ectopic Pregnancy and TTC All times are GMT
Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

Community

Popular