Replies and advice please....

Rozzle
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:16 am 
Post subject: Replies and advice please....
Hi, its Rozzle back again...
I will start with the situation all over again...

About two weeks ago just after coming off my period, had unprotected sex, and we pulled out just before he ejaculated, although i know a little sperm can come out when the penis first enters. I didnt think anything more of it, and wrote a forum a little while ago asking about the headaches and tiredness i was getting about 3 days after having had sex, i was told it was unlikely i was pregnant given the circumstances, and it could have been a bug, so i left it at that and didnt have any more symptoms at all until now.
Last night i noticed some small spots of blood/browny discharge, i know that this can be an early sign of pregnancy, but i have also heard that it can also be a sign of ovulation, can somebody give some advice on this please, and what i should do about it?

Is it too early to take a home preg test?
And i read somewhere that there is a contraceptive pill that effectively terminates the pregnancy, that can be taken up to 4 weeks after having sex, is this true? And can i get this from my local doctor?

Replies and advice would be hugely apprieciated as i am freaking out here!

Thanks, Rozzle XXX
Fishy
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:24 am 
Post subject:
When is your next AF due?

I would take it from reading your post that this baby would not be a welcome addition - if this is the case why are you having unprotected sex in the first place? Im not hear to judge you none of us are, however if a baby is not what you want then why are you putting yourself in this position?
Rozzle
Posted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:29 am 
Post subject:
I dont know. Being careless? I know it was, and i know it was stupid, but really, i just need some advice and i thought that you all seemed a friendly bunch on here. But if im not welcome to advice then okay. But its all i need, im worried about this.
Fishy
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:31 am 
Post subject:
Rozzle

I never said that I would not give you advise hence why I asked why your AF was due so I could work out the best course of action for you in my opinion.
Rozzle
Posted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:32 am 
Post subject:
In about 2 weeks
Fishy
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:40 am 
Post subject:
Rozzle

You are not far enough gone yet to test, the earlist test you can do is six days before your AF is due and I would then test by using a First Responce test which are availbe from boots.

If you are so worried I would go and speak with the doctor and see what they can do. I have never heard about these tablets that you can take the only thing I know you can have is the Monrning after pill, which can be taken 48 hours after unprotected sex, not much use to you know im sorry.

If I was you and this 'baby' is not what you wanted or planned then i would go and see a doctor and see what they can do to help.

You may not be PG at all but only you know what is going on with your body.
Rozzle
Posted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:44 am 
Post subject:
Thanks anyway, i will probably go to the doctor, although i have no other symptoms of early pregnancy.
Does anybody else have any other information on this tablet that can be taken up to 4 weeks?

XX
Huntermac
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:45 am 
Post subject:
Hi ya, when you say you were just coming off your period how many days after your period did you have sex??
Posted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:49 am 
Post subject:
Literally about two days afterwards...thats why it seems to be so unlikely, apart from the spotting, which could just be ovulation...but i dont know!!
Huntermac
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:58 am 
Post subject:
Only 2 days after? Going by that id say it is very unlikely that your PG, and judging by your posts i hope for your sake and the babies that your not. A scare like this makes you realise how important protection is a!!! I will keep my fingers crossed for you that you get a negitive test. If you get a couple of negitive responses from people its only because there are so many of us that try for years to get PG and when someone is given the gift of a baby and wants to give it back it can make us feel really sad and a little angry. I tried for around 13yr to have my son. I wish you the best of luck and i hope that a baby comes to you when you are ready for one and not before!! Very Happy Let us know how you get on.
Posted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:04 am 
Post subject:
Hi Rozzle,

I dont think the morning after pill works after 72 hours and the chances of it working reduce the longer you leave it into that 72 hours i found this website that may be helpful for you http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/sex_relationships/facts/morningafterpill

I hope things work out for you the way you want them too but would hope that you 'being careless' this time and having a possible scare might reduce the chances of you being careless in the future.

Good luck xx
Posted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:09 am 
Post subject:
Yes i do understand, and i am sorry, i think i would probably react in the same way to someone wanting to terminate an unwanted pregancy.
Thanks for the replies guys, it really does help, believe me...
I still dont understand the spotting though..

Best of luck to all of you with your pregnancies, and i hope they go all to plan!
Sorry that i may have caused some angriness/sadness to some...

XXXXXX
Huntermac
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:24 am 
Post subject:
Dont be shy and go and talk to your local health nurse. She will help you understand your ovulation cycle etc and you will learn alot about how your body works, you will be suprised at what you dont know. I would say its really rare to ovulate 2 days after your period finishes but she will help you learn to listen to what your body is saying. Keep in touch!!

Jump to:  

Community

Popular