help me

kylie123
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu May 03, 2007 12:11 pm 
Post subject: help me
Me and my son now 14mnths old had a very tramatic birth,he tried his best to come out face first which proved to have been a great danger, as he tried to come out through the birth canal in went the suction cap,to no avail, failing that, the forceps came,still a big struggle and alot of tugging to get him out.(I also have the birth on DVD,where you can see and here it all,even when i said "whats the matter with his head" my first words on seeing him) anyhow after some hard work there was my little boy.he wasnt breathing either but that was soon sorted by the on call peadiatrican. ill never forget the moment he got handed to me oh so perfect but hang on what was that the cuts to his head were unbeliveable! cut all over his little face and his head the left hand side looked asthough a meat cleaver or potato masher had been hacking away at him. The after birth were in several different parts and he had not been feeding off me in a while, i bled so much that a blood trasfusion was coming my way but very narroly avoiding that, we got taken to the baby ward.worry began straight away looking at his little head in such a way but the midwifes and doctors reasured me they had to do it otherwise something could have gone drastically wrong.and there wasnt time for a caesarian. the doctors and nurses at discharge reassured us it would be cleared up with a matter of weeks and he was a fit and healthy 9lb 8oz despite been almost three and a half weeks late as the changed my due date from the 23rd january to the 6th febuary despite it working out to be the 23rd of january due to my last period. me and my son returned home and he was developing really well a real big boy was always bigger in weight height and head circumfarance,but he looked so fit well and happy all the time that did not become a worry to me until as he gradually started to grow he started rubbing his head along side his ears on a regular basis so i began to wonder does he need gromits as the rest of the family have had them at young age we took him to our gp and to the health visitor but we were reassured that this did not seem to be a problem his hearing test were fine and his ear looked to be clean and well. as the gp and health visitors had reassured me there was nothing wrong i began to belive my son was doing this out of force of habbit and did not really think about this again until the day after his first birthday 17th febuary this fluid like lump was developing on the right hand side of my sons head at the back not been involved in no accident or injury i got him to the hospital were the doctor told me "i have never seen anything like this before" and told me to get him to scarborough hospital straight away were we would have to report to the duke of kent ward. when we arrived nothing was done the same night apart from measuring this fluid like lump on his head that no one seemed to know what it was when the doctors came on there rounds the next morning the doctor examind my son and we were told that this was a "bruise" as a result from a fall but as i told the doc there was no fall no accidents nothing but still we got disscharged as we returned home i lay my boy down for bed that very night about half and hour he had settled he began to cry running upstairs i realised this was a very disscomforting cry when i opened the bedroom door i could not belive my eyes this fluid lump was getting bigger and bigger by the minuite. my mum arrived and we went straight back to scarborough hospital the examind him yet again the usual temp, blood preassure and head circumfrance the doctor arrived and told me that this is what a bruise to the head does grows and gets smaller and i am to expect it but not been happy as i new my son had not hurt himself i told them something needed doing about this so the doc said to me "we will keep him in for another night but only for your peace of mind " well thanxs doc how kind of you. in the morning the doctor informed me that spencer was to attened a x ray incase of any fractures and of course i agued this was a unnecessary test he had not fallen he had no crys as i left the room to attened to my chores always happily playing but despite standing on my ground i realised he needed this x ray maybe then they would consider doing more tests when they realise this is not what has happened. so they sent my 12month old boy for a xray of the skull he became very disstressed as they sent him for this xray wide awke and we had to with some force hold him down disstraught he was bless him. when the xray results come back they confirmed there was not breaks or fractures so there was the doc again persistantly telling us it was a bruise discharged us yet again been told this would heal in due course and not to worry if it swells again.My mum and myself were upset that they were just dismissing it,as was spencers dr and with the promises of the doctor that the swelling would go down it did argh thank god for that my boy was well again the swelling had completely gone but he was still rubbing his head regulary well you would rub your head though if it hadf grown to size my sons head had grown it was probly a spot of headache. when he seemed under the weather i gave him calpol to help ease the pain a little everything was going well he was fit and healthy and more active than ever before he had just learnt to walk into everything a right handful but still a really well behaved placid little boy. but without fail on the 1st april 2007 this swelling began to comer back but it was growing at such a rate we took him to casualty that night were an out of hours doctor diagnosed him with celulitis and perscribed him with some anti-biotics at last some one who knows what they are talking about so returing home that night with my son with the diagnosis it was still a worry as the anti-biotics would not begin to work for 24hrs and this swelling was not exactly getting smaller or even staying the same size it was growing he was sound asleep though and it did not seem to be bothering him but this time swelling was at the left hand side of his head i was not happy with the extent to the swelling in the morning and got him in with his gp straight away i explained about the doc at the bridlington hospital which had diagnosed him with celulitis but the gp was not happy with this diagnosis and re admitted us to the hospital that morning (scarborough). when we arrived at the hospital they could not belive what they was seeing all they said was it is a mystery to us and we will do blood tests and keep monitoring him but by the tuesday they were wanting a ct scan doing on spencer but the machine had broken in scarborough so we were transferred to hull royal infimary were test began within the next couple of days he was sedated for a ct scan and when the ct scan showed a fracture on the skull in came a full skeletal x ray to make sure none of his other bones were damaged but they wasnt i knew they wouldnt be but then i knew there wouldnt be a fracture on his skull didnt i and there was so were had it come from i dont leave him with any1 i had doubts about i wouldnt do that not a chance and he had not fallen whilst with me so straight away i chucked the blame at his dad because we were seperated and it just so happened both times he had been addmitted to the hospital he had been in his care for the day before hand.stop i had to tell myself he would not do any thing to halm my little boy. he was his dad at the end of the day before i knew it i was sat with a police officer and a social worker on suspicion of child abuse thats what they told me as i did not know were this injury had come from but of course i did not as he had never had a serious injury whilst been with me the od tumble and fall but which child doesnt they all do. after more and more tests xrays ct scans and mri scans were performed they cofirmed that there were actually two fractures one at either side of his head from the top of his head growing down towards the nape of his neck and that the two fractures were a result of the same injury and the injury had been caused by some kind of compresion the extent of the injury is the same to what you would expect by trapping your head in a lift. come off it something which is going to cause my son some extreme pain like that i would have heard seen or at least known about it, but i didnt the only thing i can do now is refere this injury back to the birth of my son and study the possibilities of what forceps can do too children the social services are having none of it as he was born over a year ago and they belive that this injury is not going to only start showing symptoms at this age. but what if this fracture has developed into a growing fracture it could be possible that it has began as a hair line fracture and grown with him and the celebrium fluid has only just escaped through the fracture as he may well of had another growing spurt which could have opened this fracture even more causing this to happen.so now my boy is staying at his grandmas house with very strict rules imposed towards him staying there with the family but recently on the 18th of this month he was re addmitted to the hospital again we had to stay resedent for two nights while they observed him now thankfully the swelling did not reoccur and he is now home and well again but just with this dark gloom over all the families heads were the authorities are looking at us as some kind of melicous child abusers i will prove our point that this little boy has not been hurt and has happened in the very unfortunate happenings at birth.
laurab
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Fri May 04, 2007 2:26 pm 
Post subject:
Oh my goodness, thats so awful for you - I hope everything gets sorted out soon.

x
Ru06
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Sun May 06, 2007 8:14 pm 
Post subject:
Awful experience for you and your family. My daughter was born with the help of ventouse, obviously had a cone head and was told the swelling would go down within a few days. My girl is now 7 months old and still has a lump on the top left side of her head. Pretty sure its not bruising now, more like deformed/fractured bone. When i questioned my GP - answer was 'childrens heads are different shapes and sizes and obviously there is flat head syndrome!' Always thought the lump was due to ventouse - stick with it i hope everything works out for you in the end.
fern
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 10:21 am 
Post subject:
oh pet, so awful for you, i hope everything turns out ok for you and your little boy. myself and my little girl had an awful birth. she too was face up along with shoulder dystorcia. they told me it was too late for a ceaserian, i had previously had 5 operations on my bowel and they begin to worry about the pressure i was putting on my bowel by straining! so they used ventouse and performed some really big cuts!! i also tore badly and she was 9llb 15oz! first baby. she had loads of cuts on her head a big angry ventouse mark and a huge fluid lump from the pressure of being stuck. they took a couple of month to fade and she still has a slight raising on one side of her head. i only had gas and air and was in a lot of pain when they were stitching me so they decided to take me into theatre and give me an epidural and stitch me up. so after 29 hours of labour, nothing to eat or even a sip of water i felt terrible they struggled to get the needle in my back after about 45 minutes they managed.... that was the last i remember! to cut a long story short as far as im aware with the little information the hospital gave me, the epidural needle was placed to high in my back and caused a reaction with my heart and lungs.. they told me they actually lost me twice! i was put into intensive care and treat for a blood clot, had god knows how many drips in place and given a few pints of blood too! i never saw my little girl until the next day as they would not bring her up to the intensive care ward. i try not to think about it too much as too think about my little girl not having a mammy through ignorance really as i had a scan shortly before she was born as i was really big and they said the baby was only 7llbs and i was full of water!.. anyway she is 28 weeks now and doing fine.. i hope everything works out for your little boy xx
spacegrantham
Posted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 10:29 am 
Post subject:
Can I suggest you visit an osteopath with him ?

Kim
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Six Months to One Year All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular