First Time mum Nervous!

FirstTimeMummyx
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri May 01, 2009 2:36 pm 
Post subject: First Time mum Nervous!
Hi, im a first time mum and really nervous.
Im new to all of this and dont really know what to expect still. Im 17 weeks gone now so still early stages i suppose.
Not only am i a first time mum im also quite young to have a child, so i think it makes it all the more nerve-racking. I get nervous about every little thing really and am noticing everything about my body, i read another pot about bleeding after sex, and i still get that on some occasions, my gp and midwife said it was totally normal and theres no real evidence that sex can harm the baby in anyway, but i still get paranoid!!
I just wondered if there was anyone on here in the same boat as me or has any advice, i have no friends of my age who have children so i feel quite alone as this is also my partners first child.
So if there is anyone who could give us a few tips, or just to let me know im not alone id really appreciate it x Question

Thanks x
LauraG
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sat May 02, 2009 10:50 am 
Post subject:
hi and welcome to askbaby. congratulations on ur pregnancy.

it is normal to worry we all do it. but ust try and enjoy ur pregnancy the best u can.

babykate5555
Posted: Thu May 07, 2009 4:03 pm 
Post subject:
hey im a first time mum aswell and im young im 19 im just over 11 weeks pregnant at the min im equally as nervous i find the whole thing so scary!especially the doctors appointments iv only been once.i love having the scan but everything else terrified me!what date is your baby due?had any scans yet?
xKerrynx
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu May 07, 2009 6:15 pm 
Post subject:
Hiya, Congratulations on your pregnancy and welcome to askbaby.. Im Kerryn, 20 and mummy to Ruby who is 4 months Smile x

katvonb
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri May 08, 2009 12:05 pm 
Post subject:
hiya and welcome to ask baby i was 19 when my oldest son was born i was totally expecting to be a single parent as babies dad freaked out big time when i told him (and we had been together for over 3 years ) i had no friends with kids either.. anyway were now married and expecting our fourth child so it all worked out in the end xxx
dmitchell
Posted: Sat May 09, 2009 10:40 pm 
Post subject: I'm going to be a new mommy too!
Hello there! I too am young, will be 21 in June and I'm expecting my first bundle of joy. I just found out I was pregnant a few days ago, from what i gather I'm at least a few weeks, but my first ultra sound isn't until June 4th. I'm also VERY nervous, scared but extremely excited! I'm engaged to a wonderfull man, have been for 3 years and he's just as happy as me! so that's a big help! if you ever want to chat sometime i have yahoo- horserider6288.. msn- xo_sassyblonde_xo@hotmail.com and AIM- naughtybtch2690. Well hope tot alk to you soon and Congradulations!!!
-Dawn
EC1986
Posted: Sun May 10, 2009 12:11 am 
Post subject:
I'll be 23 when I have my baby and I feel quite young.

I'm not too nervous about it, I try my best to remember that this is what our bodies are made for, all we can do is eat healthily and do some exercise and the rest is up to nature.

I did worry about how baby was doing between my sickness stopping and not being able to feel baby moving (weeks 12-1Cool, but now its practising acrobatics it definitely puts your mind at rest.

My best tip is just to read up on things as much as possible, ignore unhelpful comments from other people - and remember their not health professionals themselves.

None of my friends have babies either so its good to be on this forum because you can get advice from others and you also feel like your not alone.

Anyway if you wanna chat just send me a PM.

Emma

Jump to:  

Community

Popular