Am i pregnant?

Raqueal
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:53 pm 
Post subject: Am i pregnant?
i recently went to see my doctor as i have been feeling sick for almost a month now, i constantly feel tired and hot then cold, my breast hurt alot and im getting cramps in the morning and at night. So i went to see the doc and she done a pregnacy test, there was 2 lines there but one was fainter than the other, she said there could be somthing there, so she told me to go home and come back the next week after doing a home test. i done one a couple of days later and it came up positive almost straight away, but then the next morning i did another one and one line was fainter than the other, this has really confussed me as i dont know weather i am or not. my last period was in feb but i have polycistic overies so i tend to be irregular.
Pleas if someone could help me i would be greatfull thanks xx
vicvix
Posted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:02 pm 
Post subject:
hi i would go back and see your doctor and ask if they could do a beta hcg levels test that would give you a definate answer. fingers crossed for you that its a positve. good luck
millwallrose44
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:08 pm 
Post subject:
Hi there. I was wondering, did you use the same type of tests, as in 2 first response or 2 different ones? Did you also test around the same time such as first thing in the morning? As vicvix said the most conclusive answer is to get the hcg blood test to tell you the level, as urine pregnancy tests can change according to lots of factors. I had this once where my tests got fainter until I bled a week later which was a chemical pregnancy, when the egg fertilises but fails to implant. The only other thing is to get an early scan to see what is going on - could you be referred for this? I would definately advise asking for the blood test as soon as possible. I hope it works out well for you.

Raqueal
Posted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:19 pm 
Post subject:
the first test i took mid after noon and the 2nd one first thing in the morning. there was still 2 lines but the 2nd one was faint . i feel so ill all the time help !!! and yes i did use the same type of test
millwallrose44
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:22 pm 
Post subject:
Although they say the morning is supposed to be the strongest, I found the one I did in the day had a stronger line. Have you considered doing another test? If you are feeling ill it definately sounds as though you are pregnant.

Raqueal
Posted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:26 pm 
Post subject:
no havent done another one yet will probably do one tomorow ive just got my heart set on it being positive i will be heart broken if its not!!! so god damm anoying hehe
millwallrose44
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:28 pm 
Post subject:
I know the feeling. Let me know how you get on tommorrow - I hope you get a positive. Will you be making a doctor's appointment anyway?

Raqueal
Posted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:33 pm 
Post subject:
i went to docs today and told her the test was positive so she said cant do anything untill 6-8 weeks so see what happens tomorow and go from there. thanks for listening to me its helped
bubbamoon
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:15 pm 
Post subject:
This is my first time on this site and adicted already

I have been TTC now for 6 months and every month i get the BFN :0(

I am also 2 days late which is unusual as my cycle is always 28 days, i am never late.

My BB's hurt so much especially round the sides and nipples are sensitive but apart from that no other symptoms. I have done a HPT and again got the BFN.

I'm not getting my hopes up and will not re-test until this time next week (if AF still hasn't started)

Funny thing is i always, aways get really bloated just before my period and my stomach is completely flat and i have no AF pains or symptoms at all.

Hope we get the BFP soon if not i wont be dishartened i love the trying part!!!
sarah23
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:25 pm 
Post subject:
Now that's the attitude bubbamoon! Good luck sweetie! I hope that this month is your month! xxxxxxx
millwallrose44
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:43 pm 
Post subject:
Raqueal, did she say why she couldn't do anything yet? I don't see why she could not give you a blood test. Do you have another doctor you could see and ask for that test? bubbamoon, I hope this is your month for the BFP. Sorry to hear you had a BFN but it could be just a bit early. When will you test again?

Raqueal
Posted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 4:12 pm 
Post subject:
done another test today came up positive im so happy xxx
millwallrose44
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 4:55 pm 
Post subject:
Raqueal Congratulations!!!!!!!

millwallrose44
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 4:56 pm 
Post subject:
Has it made you feel a bit more at ease?

AnnaMia
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:20 pm 
Post subject:
Raqual congratulations.........who said friday the 13th is unlucky!!! I did a test this morning and it was BFN altho my bb's are very sore and seem like they are bigger I will test again next week this time.

Congratulations again and hope your morning sickness will be over soon.

xxx Anna
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

Community

Popular