Rolling onto tummy

PetraLou
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:50 pm 
Post subject: Rolling onto tummy
my little girl is 12 weeks old on saturday and is already rolling onto her tummy!! Is this quite early to be doing this?! I'm worried she is going to do it in the cot (not that she sleeps much in her cot, she is mostly in bed with mummy!!), but im worried she wont turn her head and might suffocate?!!?
RWneedssleep
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:46 am 
Post subject:
It is early according to the books but thats ok. My little boy started at about the same time. It has really disturbed his sleep as he can't/won't fall asleep on his tummy. I asked my health visitor about it and she said just to make sure blankets are tucked in well (I use sleeping bags anyway) and that there are no toys/soft bumpers etc. around the cot that could suffocate him, otherwise she said there is not a lot else you can do. She will lift her own head and you should put her on her tummy during the day to encourage this (supervised of course).

My son kept banging his head on the bars as well so I have put a blanket with holes in over the bars and tucked into the mattress so it cannot fall on him but also softens the blow a little, I am also trying to encourage him to roll back over when he does it in the day time.

Hope this helps x
evasmum
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:10 am 
Post subject:
There are sleep mats you can but that stop your baby from rolling over in bed,its just a mat with a long tubular cushion that lies down either side of babys body .Because your baby is still quite young she wont be able to roll over the cushions.At least she shouldnt be able to.
LauraG
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:14 am 
Post subject:
i think this is arouns the rite age.

and if she dus it in her co dont worry babys are very clever and they will turn their head.

PetraLou
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 4:00 pm 
Post subject:
She has found a very happy position on her side now in bed!! Since ive been giving her bottles, she has had much less wind and is actually sleeping in her cot, all night, on her own! Hooray!
LauraG
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:34 am 
Post subject:
thats lovely u can stop worrying now and she can have a nice nights sleep.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular