Total Votes : 2
JulieWoo
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon May 04, 2009 4:16 pm 
Post subject: HCG levels after E/P
Hi
i was wondering if anyone had their bloods checked to make sure their HCG levels were falling?
I was hoping mine were nearly at 0, 4 weeks after ep was removed - and i'm still getting a really dark +ve on a HPT! Sad
Has anyone else had this, and how long did it take for their HCG to fall?

Thanks,

Julie xxxx
louloubellamozzarella
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon May 04, 2009 4:52 pm 
Post subject:
This dosen't seem right hon. I took a HPT two weeks after as instructed and it was negative. Do you think you should go to your GP- I would!

When I was in hosp having my op, there was a woman in there with an EP and one in her womb. She had the EP removed and the one in her womb survived the op (which apparently is a bit touch and go). Anyway- just wanted you to know this just incase.- stranger things have happened!!

Let me know how you get on honey. XXXX

My Adoption Journal...
http://www.askbaby.com/talk/viewtopic.php?t=115215
JulieWoo
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon May 04, 2009 5:12 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Lou,
i thought they would be -ve by now too. I do still feel a bit queasy and bloated, and i know i can't have caught again cos we only bd for the first time a few days ago! I'm going to ask GP tmrw and see what he thinks.

Julie xxxxxxx
dcbaby
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Wed May 06, 2009 3:38 am 
Post subject:
Julie,

I felt the same way. I had my ep surgery 4/7. for the past few week been feeling strange so i got a bfp. went back to my ob and hcg was 94 on mon. start having pain today- went to the hospital and my levels where 107. Hopefully this is another prego, but i'm not getting my hope up until i see my baby. Good luck!
JulieWoo
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat May 09, 2009 4:56 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Ladies,
well i'm 5 weeks post op this week and HPT still +ve. Sad
Got an appt with the surgeon on thurs that did my op, i'll speak to him and see if i can get some answers. I just want to get back to normal.
Its unlikely there is still another baby in there as the bleed i had was quite horiffic - doubt anything could've surived that.

Julie xxxxxxx
applepip
Posted: Thu May 14, 2009 1:02 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Juliewoo
It took me 8 weeks to get to 0.
I had a pregnancy of Unknown Location (Probably EP but not confirmed) back in October. No surgery involved - it kinda resolved itself but no-one really knows how or why, it just took a while
It is really hard but have hope. after I was finally -ve again, I had one cycle then fell pregnant. I'm now 15 weeks and alls well.
xx
JulieWoo
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu May 14, 2009 7:34 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks Applepip,
I suspect it will take mine that long, although I dont know why. Level is still around 300, just waiting for AF to come so i can move on.

Julie xxx

Our baby Eleanor lost 6 Apr 10
applepip
Posted: Fri May 15, 2009 10:20 am 
Post subject:
Hi Julie

One theory I was given was that there was some remaining tissue left in the tube that needed to be re-absorbed by the body. Not a very nice thought but does kinda make sense and explains why it takes so long.
It's not easy is it?! It seems to slow down as it gets in the lower figures too, doesn't it!

Hope AF arrives soon!
x
JulieWoo
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri May 15, 2009 12:25 pm 
Post subject:
Hi applepip,
thats the explanation the cons gave me to - although i dont see how there could be anything left when the whole tube was removed!

Julie xxx

applepip
Posted: Mon May 18, 2009 1:43 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Juliewoo

I admit that does make the explanation less likely!
It could be the scar tissue somehow......
You poor thing the not-knowing / understanding is the worst eh?
what are your levels doing this week? how often are you being tested now?

thinking of you
x
dcbaby
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Mon May 18, 2009 8:48 pm 
Post subject:
Julie,

It's me again. I posted 5/06 with my story. Well my hcg didn't go like they should. I was given the methotrexate 5/09. My hcg levels are slowly declining - beta is 41 as of today. I go again Sunday for a repeat. The doctor started me on birth control pill last week, but when i spoke to the nurse today she was kinda of surpise, bc i haven't started yet. Best of luck again and keep me posted on your levels.
JulieWoo
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon May 18, 2009 9:05 pm 
Post subject:
Hi dcbaby,
sorry to hear you had an ep. Sad I take it you only have to use bcp for 3 months? TBH, we opted for condoms as its taking so long for my levels to get back to normal - and it thought it would be less confusing for my body, without pumping it full of other hormones.

Chin up, and keep in touch. If you need to talk you can always pm me. Sending +ve vibes your way, take care hun.

Julie xxx

JulieWoo
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon May 25, 2009 1:52 pm 
Post subject:
HI ladies,
well pg test still +ve today - getting a bit sick of this now as its 7 weeks since my ep. Just dragging on and on and i'm a bit sick now tbh. On the more +ve side i had a bleed this week that lasted for 2 days - so not sure if it was af or not? It was really light, and i have been spotting on and off b4 and after so what is going on????? Mad

Hope you are all well.

Julie xxxxx

applepip
Posted: Tue May 26, 2009 11:19 am 
Post subject:
Hi Julie Woo,

Bummer about still +ve. Sad When was the last time you had a HCG blood test? are they doing another one soon? I am surprised if they are not monitoring the levels in any way? At least then you would know it's acutally falling.
I bled/spotted for the whole 8 weeks, but then had a week (AF?) where it increased and then just stopped! (and lo and behold -ve on HPT!) So hang in there - nature will have a clear out soon!!!
dcbaby
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Tue May 26, 2009 5:40 pm 
Post subject:
Hey Julie,

It's been 7 weeks for me too since my EP. I had my beta drawn Sunday, 5/24 and it's down to 20. I'm pretty sure it will be down next week when i go back for another HCG test. Hang in there! We'll get AF anyday now! Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Ectopic Pregnancy and TTC All times are GMT
Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

Community

Popular