Total Votes : 2
JulieWoo
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue May 26, 2009 6:13 pm 
Post subject:
Hello applepip and dcbaby,
thankyou for yout replies. I suspect my HCG is around 100. Bleeding and spotting stopped completely now, but HPT still +ve, so i dont know what is going on. If - BIG IF - i manage to get pg again and HCG still around in my system i wont know if i'm pg or its still the left over HCG for a while. I know you resume ov when your HCG is under 100 so i'm hoping it wont be long until i'm back to normal.

How are you dc? Are you feeling better, and coping?
Applepip, hope your pgy is going well.

Julie xxx

Our baby Eleanor lost 6 Apr 10
kristinak
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:20 pm 
Post subject:
Hi ladies, thought i would post something as I too am going through this. I was diagnosed with an ectopic 4 weeks ago. At the highest my levels were only 420. I had my first metho shot 3 weeks ago. 4 days later they didn't go down. Another 3 days and they went down to 402. Doc was not happy so went back again in 7 days and they had gone up to 438. Had to have a second metho shot 2 weeks ago. Luckily they started going down, going down to 360 after 48 hours and 204 another 48 hours later. Was finally starting to feel a bit happy that this would be over. Have just gone back today for more levels 7 days after last test and levels are now 117. The doc is not happy as he thinks they should have gone down more than that! Working it out they like it to be 15% every 48 hours so if you work that out they should only be 106. I am going on holiday tonight to Majorca for a week. The doc has not advised me to go but am ignorning his advice and going anyway!! I def need a break. Am hoping when I return in 7 days that it will have gone down some more and the bleeding will have stopped!! Have been bleeding now since 3 days after the first shot! Hopefully this hell will be over - then there is the 6 month wait. Did any of you ladies have any of the causes for an ectopic? I don't have any and the doctor has simply said that it is bad luck Rolling Eyes
JulieWoo
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:46 pm 
Post subject:
Hello Kristinak
I'm sorry you have had cause to come into this forum and sorry for your loss. I'm not a medical expert, but if you are only going away for 1 week and your HCG is 100, you should be safe enough. make sure you have medical insurance - and tell them you are having treatment for ep. It may or may not cost you a little extra, but its worth it in case of emergency. I assume you have been told NO bedroom dancing until your levels are down to 0? That's really important.

I had surgery on my tubes so was at higher risk (so risk went up to 10% instead of 2%)

No-one knows why EP happens in most cases. Your Dr is right and it is down to bad luck a lot of the time. Sometimes the egg gets 'lost' along the way or the fimbrae are damaged and dont waft the egg along quickly enough and the eggy thinks it has reached its detination so implants.

The good news - or light at the end of the tunnel is that most ladies go on to concieve again within 18 months and the baby is in the correct place. Sometimes if you have you appendix out, the site develops adhesions which can sometimes lead to EP.

Take care, enjoy the time away. Gentle hugs,
Julie xxx

kristinak
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 2:30 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks Julie for your kind words. Went away and had a lovely time. Unfortunately 3 days before I was due to come home I had a very heavy bleed which scared me quite a bit especially since i was away. Good news was though that when I rang the hospital they said it sounds like a "withdrawal bleed" which i assume is just the uterus cleaning itself out. In any case we decided to get an early flight back just in case and came home a day early. Went to the hospital Friday and my levels are now 66 from 117 the week before - phew!! Normally they discharge you if they are below 100 but because i am still bleeding they are testing me every week until they are 0. Hopefully in the next couple of weeks i will get the all clear and get my life back to normal!!

How are you? Have you reached 0 yet?

Emma xx
JulieWoo
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 4:40 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Emma,
I forgot to tell you about the bleed, sorry! i had one too, which was really heavy. Glad you had a nice holiday though. Wink
My levels are at 0 now as i've ovulated yippee after over 2 months of dilly dallying around. hopefully next weekend i should get my first af if i'm not pg. (unlikely) and it will be about 3 months since my ep.
Great news about your levels - sounds promising as they have halved in a week. Another 2 weeks tops and you'll be at 0 i think. You will probably have some spotting then start cycling again. I had 2 days of spotting, then started my cycle, didn't get a propper af as i think the major heavy bleed and lack of progesterone (that thickens your lining) has cleared it all out (sorry yuk).

Hope the 3 month wait passes quickly for you. keep in touch.
Best wishes,
Julie xxxx

louloubellamozzarella
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:41 pm 
Post subject:
Julie, I am pleased that you are now back to normal hon. Roll on your next BFP!! XXXX

My Adoption Journal...
http://www.askbaby.com/talk/viewtopic.php?t=115215
JulieWoo
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 7:58 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Loulou!
haven't seen you around for a bit - everything okay?

Hopefully things are looking up now. I'm giving myself a few months of TTC before I ask for HSG/Lap to check LT. I hope its alright, but you cant tell by looking on the outside Rolling Eyes
Just starting to feel normal again.

Julie xxxxxxx

kristinak
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:11 pm 
Post subject:
Hi ladies....note it is 7 months since we all posted... have any of you managed to get a BFP?? My 6 month wait is now over so we are going to have a go at TTC again. Its really scary though - the thought of it happening again! Am going to give it 6 months and then ask for the HSG check to check my tubes are ok xxx
MorganL
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:18 am 
Post subject:
Hi Kristina.

I had an ectopic in September and was treated with methotrexate. Luckily I only needed one shot but it took about 6-7 weeks for my HCG levels to drop. I'm currently having my AF and I am officially passed the three month mark since the metho next week so am really looking forward to trying again.

Have your Af's been affected? Mine seem to be a lot shorter than they were before. My cycle is a bit all over the place as well. Can never seem to find anythiing about cycles as I know you're supposed to go back to your normal cycle once the HCG has gone. This AF I've had clots like I had when the metho started working but not painful.

Really pleased for you being passed the six month mark. I was so frustrated with it all and was dying for this AF to turn up. I hope it all works out well for you. Oh, I'm also petrified btw. x

My Ovulation Chart
kristinak
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:35 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Morgan..sorry I have only just seen your post - I can't have that notify e-mail thing set up.

With my Afs its wierd. Last year before the ectopic they ranged from 28 days to 36 sometimes - they were all over the place.

I then went on the pill for 4 months over the 6 month wait. I have now been off the pill for 3 months and my cycles are a lot better - last 3 cycles have been 27, 27 and 28 so really pleased.

How are you getting on now? Have you considered using the clear blue fertility monitor? We are using that and it is good at telling you when you ovulate - a good thing if your cyles are all over the place.

The witch got me yesterday - better luck next month!

Let me know how you are getting on xx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Ectopic Pregnancy and TTC All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  

Community

Popular