Spotting and Triphasic ?

Esther2
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:29 am 
Post subject:
I think it's natural to worry anyway even if you haven't had a miscarriage before. Having a baby is a tricky business. When you said to book in with the doc asap, I remember when I was preg before I booked an appt when I had JUST missed my period and was told by that doctor I was way too early going to see them ! I was mortified and had to make an appt for 2 weeks later when I was 6 weeks. You don't think I'm too early going to see them do you ?
millwallrose44
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:51 pm 
Post subject:
No not at all, especially with your miscarriage. With this pregnancy I saw the doctor a few days after my BFP (as it was bank holiday) then was sent to the Early Pregnancy Unit the next morning for a scan. Do not let them tell you there is nothing they can do for weeks - they can scan you (although you wouldn't see anything much until 5-7 weeks) and can give you blood tests to check your hormone. Hopefully they will understand how nervous you are after last time and will be sympathetic.

Esther2
Posted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:08 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks for that, I feel OK about going now. Had thoughts about cancelling the appt earlier today but am just going to go. The doctor I have now is really nice xx
millwallrose44
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:25 pm 
Post subject:
Great Smile When will you be going now?

Esther2
Posted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:52 pm 
Post subject:
Got an appt on this coming Tuesday which would make me 4weeks to the day. Hopefully their test will pick up the pregnancy!! Smile
millwallrose44
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 8:14 am 
Post subject:
I hope so. Good luck!

Kirk
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:42 am 
Post subject:
Hi

I know this sounds pretty ignorant but what is the triphasic chart? Can anyone help, it has been mentioned on this thread and I have no idea what it is.

By the way congrats on your BFP, I am really chuffed for you.

Cheers

Kirk
ja43118
Posted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:51 am 
Post subject:
Esther2 - Congrats - I am so happy to read such wonderful news. I had M/C in Dec at 7 weeks - so I am so pleased to hear that you have now got your BFP.

Sending you lots of love & babyglue.

Well done

Ja xxx
Esther2
Posted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:26 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Kirk,

This is how Fertility Friend explains triphasic charts:

A triphasic chart shows three levels of temperatures: pre-ovulation, post-ovulation, and then a second rise around 7-10 days after ovulation. Some women with charts that show this pattern turn out to be pregnant. But many do not. Likewise, your chart does not need to show this kind of pattern for you to be pregnant. Whether or not you are pregnant, progesterone, the hormone responsible for raising your temperature after ovulation, generally peaks in the middle of your luteal phase and this can cause this kind of pattern whether or not you are pregnant.

A triphasic chart can be promising, however, because progesterone levels generally increase after implantation (7-10 days past ovulation) in conception cycles, and sometimes this results in a triphasic pattern. A triphasic chart, however, is not a definite sign that you are or are not pregnant. It is just increasing your probability if you also have well-timed intercourse. Likewise, you can be pregnant and not have a triphasic pattern. Like all signs of possible implantation or pregnancy, you can really only speculate about it once a pregnancy has already been confirmed

Hope that helped x
Kirk
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:27 am 
Post subject:
Hi Esther,

Yep that cleared it up for me, thank you for your response. And many congrats on your news.

Thanks

Kirk Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Am I Pregnant? All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  

Community

Popular