High Street Discount Card for Parents

HannahM
AskBaby Team
AskBaby Team
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:10 pm 
Post subject: High Street Discount Card for Parents
Not strictly one that's exclusive to AskBaby members but this is such a good deal we thought we'd let you know about it anyway!

Basically, the BaBeeCard gives you amazing discounts at a whole range of high street and online retailers.

You get 8% off at John Lewis & Waitrose, 5% off on fuel and groceries at Asda & Sainsbury's and 5% off at Mothercare, Boden, Argos and WHSmiths to name just a few (the list is enormous!).

It's a pre-paid card (making it great for helping you stick to a budget!) so you just have to top it up with credit and then you can use it to pay for shopping just as you would a normal debit card - talk about handy!

You can find out more about the BaBeeCard by
clicking here

Let us know what you think!

Han x
PinkPrincess0981
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:57 pm 
Post subject:
Hello Hannah (and the rest of you at AskBaby )
Just wanted to let you know I ordered one of these this morning, I think they sound fab Very Happy
It will save me a fortune on petrol if nothing else.
Thanks very much for putting the link up guys Wink
xx

RWneedssleep
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:15 am 
Post subject:
I am about to order one - they look fab!

thanks very much!
lemfloyd
Posted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:06 am 
Post subject:
Thqanks for this, I'm going to order one too.
Just one question which is confusing me though (doesn't take much these days). When you go to checkout with your shopping and hand over the card, does the discount then automatically come off? Do you neeed to tell the checkout that you need a dscount?
RWneedssleep
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:54 pm 
Post subject:
I tried to ring them today and didn't get any sense unfortunately - I thought I would read through the website again and still cant see the answer!
GemmaJaye
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:09 am 
Post subject: BaBeeCard and questions you may have
Hi Mummies,

I am the co-founder of BaBeeCard and have just seen this post come up in Google so thought I would introduct myself and also help you with any questions you may have.

Please feel free to ask.

Have a lovely day,

Gemma
RWneedssleep
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:13 pm 
Post subject:
Hi,

Could you just explain - if I put 100 worth of groceries through the till at sainsbury does the discount come off at the till or later somehow?

I was also once an intelligent person before I had a baby!!!!!!!!!!
GemmaJaye
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:28 pm 
Post subject: Savings
Hi there Smile

The discounts work as follows:

When you buy a BaBeeCard you will be given access to our discount portal where we offer a mixture of online and voucher based discounts.

For Sainsbury's (5%), ASDA (5%), Waitrose (8%) & MotherCare (5%) discounts you need to order your vouchers in advance, they take 3 days to arrive.

I tend to buy 500 a month at the start of every month and I only pay 460 as Waitrose gives you an 8% discount. Ideally if we could give the discount at the till it would be instant but at the moment we are offering the vouchers. We are planning for point of sale vouchers in the near future.

Saving between 30 and 50 a month on a mixture of groceries, petrol and say nappies and baby milk makes the effort of pre-ordering your vouchers a worth that 5 minutes of ordering.

Have a look here to see a list of all the discount partners we offer.

http://www.babeecard.com/save.html

The card should pay for itself within the first few months of using the discounts, if you don't save the initial purchase price 14.95 in a year, we will give you your money back so all you have to gain is saving Smile

Hope you decide to come on board.

Gemma
RWneedssleep
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:36 am 
Post subject:
Excellent - thanks - I am going to order one now!
RWneedssleep
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:54 am 
Post subject:
Hi Gemma,

Now I sound really dense - tried to order a card several times and it kept saying:

The Card Issue Number length is invalid., 4024 : The Card Issue Number is required.

My issue number is 5! I tried 05 and 0005 but it was not working. All the other card details are definately correct.

I will try again in a few days in the hope it is just a glitch!
RWneedssleep
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:15 pm 
Post subject:
Update: what fantastic customer service! I have had an email to say the technical people are looking into why my card would not be accepted with the issue number!
abis
Posted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:39 pm 
Post subject:
has anyone used one of these yet, as im thinking of getting one
GemmaJaye
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:22 pm 
Post subject: Payment issue
Hi Ladies,

We are still working on fixing the payment issue with have with HSBC Maestro cards. I would like to take this opportunity to apologise personally for any disappointment with regards to not being able to buy your BaBeeCard.

We are working on getting this resolved a.s.a.p and will inform you as soon as this is fixed.

Roanne, once we have this fixed and you apply and become a cardholder I will send you a little something as compensation for your fantastic patience.

For all you lovely mummies out there that would like to read up a little on our product, we are in Septembers issue of Pregnancy & Birth.

Hope to see you all on board soon Smile

Gemma
RWneedssleep
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:23 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Gemma - thanks, I was disappointed as I do all my banking through HSBC but look forward to a resolution - I'm sure you do too, again fantastic customer service on you part! Smile
GemmaJaye
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 2:58 pm 
Post subject: HSBC Maestro issue now fixed
Hi Roanne,

Issue is now fixed and we can now accept HSBC Maestro.

Thank you once again for your patience and I truly hope BaBeeCard will save you a decent amount in the lead up to Christmas.

Once you have applied and recieved your email confirmation, I will pop a little something in the post to you to say thank your for you support during this frustrating time.

We have just signed up 2 new partners for discounts. Mango clothing and Green & Blacks (yummy!)

Have a fab weekend.

Gem
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Member Offers & Discounts All times are GMT
Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

Community

Popular