Hotels In Rome

minkymog
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu May 07, 2009 12:55 pm 
Post subject: Hotels In Rome
Hi,

I was thinking of taking a short break to Rome. Does anyone have any ideas on good hotels to stay in? What's the best area to be in for all the sights?

Thanks.

xx
Roisin1978
Posted: Tue May 12, 2009 3:34 pm 
Post subject:
Hi there. I was in Rome in September with my husband. A friend in work recommended staying near the Termini Station, which I regret because there is nothing of interest close by in this part of rome and, if truth be told, I found it to be quite a slummy area of Rome, a lot of alcholics on your doorstep, local drugs drop off point, etc. I would really recommend a hotel near the Spanish Steps or Trevi Fountain. This area of Rome is really beautiful and the hotels we passed looked lovely and it night you would have beautiful views to have your meals. I would highly recommend buying a ticket for a bus tour, this is an excellent way of getting your bearings in Rome and also a cheap way of getting around, you can hop on and off these buses up until around 10.00pm. Hope this helps. Enjoy your break!!
Posted: Tue May 12, 2009 3:59 pm 
Post subject:
How much you looking to spend? ive been a few times to Rome so i know a few good hotels.
This ones quite cheap and clean. For the lcoation its not too bad either
http://www.ludovisipalacehotel.com/

The year we first got married i stayed at a hotel at the top of the spansh steps called Hotel Dea Ville

http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/intercontinental/en/gb/locations/overview/romha

This one is alot more expensive however the location is amazing!
Posted: Fri May 15, 2009 10:45 am 
Post subject:
Hi Guys,

Thanks so much for the responses, I do appreciate it. However, plans have changed, due to the fact that I got a BFP this morning!!! All spare cash is now going in the baby fund.

I had a tough time with a blighted ovum and MC over Christmas, so the holiday to Rome was a treat because of that. I'm nervous about being pregnant again, but lets hope this one goes according to plan!

I'm off to sort out my ticker!

xx
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular