Can some1 help i'm a little confused?

keekaboo
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 1:50 pm 
Post subject: Can some1 help i'm a little confused?
We're a month in to ttc and i've jst started my period after a flood of tears i thought i'd work out my fertile days etc!
but i have no idea how you work it out? i found a web page to help but they were talking about a LH surge i have no idea what that is, i sound so clueless Confused but could someone explain how to work out my fertile days and what an LH surge is?
thank you xxxxx
WannaBeMum
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 2:58 pm 
Post subject: LH Surge
I found this on a site for you about LH surge, and what it means. Also, try searching for an ovulation calendar - try this one http://www.babyhopes.com/ovulation-calendar/
or also www.babycentre.co.uk as they have some great info!

I use both of the above sites, and I find they are pretty helpful information wise.

"Ovulation is triggered by a sudden increase (surge) in production of a hormone called luteinising hormone (LH). If one can detect the LH surge, then one can predict ovulation and therefore predict the most fertile days in the cycle. "

Other than that, just do a little research on the web. It's how I found out all I need to know about trying to conceive.

Good Luck!

DevonMum
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 3:22 pm 
Post subject:
I think the average is 14 days before the end of your cycle - so NOT that helpful!!

Ovulation testing kits will help you work out your own cycle, but be aware it varies month to month as well as person to person.

WannaBeMum has put a much better explanation above really!!

good luck keek, and try not to put too much pressure on yourself!!
WannaBeMum
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 3:37 pm 
Post subject:
Wow, thanks DevonMum!

keekaboo
Posted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 4:27 pm 
Post subject:
Thank's so much for the help i understand now lol that site was really helpfull wannabemum iv'e got my whole cycle sorted now so i know when i'm most fertile etc! Very Happy
hopefully it work's and i get to see the 2 bule (pink) lines next month!

xxxx
DevonMum
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 7:14 am 
Post subject:
hehe hope it works out for you - keep posting and let us know how it goes!

Anna
WannaBeMum
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 8:36 am 
Post subject:
Glad the info helped Keek's! Hope you get your two little lines as well.............. but at the same time try to relax and enjoy the BDing (baby dancing)

Jacqui x

tams6484
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:13 pm 
Post subject: Helpful tips for trying to conceive
[color=red]On my first child I got pregnant on June 22 and The last day of my period was June 9 so I conceived 14days ofter my period ened. so I hope that helps you I also look at web sit for you where if you put in some information on your body it tells you the best time to try the web sit[/color] http://www.babyhopes.com/ovulation-calendar/plan.cgi Very Happy [color=violet]Hope things work out for you.[/color] Very Happy
Suzyhbuss
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 12:39 pm 
Post subject:
Try 'Taking Control of your Fertility, The Definitive Guide to Pregnancy Achievenment, Natural Birth Control and Reproductive Health' by Toni Weschler, MPH. Helped me! Good luck!
leilalou
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 5:51 pm 
Post subject: wonderin if sum1 culd help me plz!!
i was just wonderin if sum1 could help me im late on my periods n took a doctors pregnancy test which said was negative but i av no reason y i suld b late and also feelin all the symptoms wounder if u wuld help me figure this one out!!
keekaboo
Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:51 am 
Post subject:
how late are you? Very Happy
KJ24
Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:08 am 
Post subject:
leilalou

I am in the same boat kind of, my periods have always been regular except the last 3 months where i have been really early but i was due on yesterday for a 28day cycle and nothing so far. I am certain i am pregnant. me and my partner have talked and he thinks the same.

I am quite swollen in the stomach and have been having cramps all week. My partner has felt me and agrees that i feel swollen which to me would say i am more pregnant than 4 weeks i don't know. I haven't done a HPT since the 19th of Oct as that came back negative and I quite excited about being pregnant that i don't want to build our hopes up just to have a negative result. I don't know how reliable these HPT's are. I spoke to my doc this morning and explained all the symptoms and he wants me to wait another week before having a blood test done.

Its driving me up the wall the not knowing! I can't explain why i feel so certain. i tried to explain to my partner last nite and ended up in floods of tears and that isn't me!!!

Can anyone help? Please!!

Confused
DevonMum
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:57 am 
Post subject:
Hi KJ

If I were you I'd try the home pregnancy test - use a decent make. Whatever the result, go for your blood test next week if you haven't come onto your period.

Really hope you get the result you're after!! Good luck

Anna
KJ24
Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 12:03 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks Anna,

Me and my partner have decided that were gonna test on sunday. We've both got a busy next couple of days and thats a good day for us. I just don't want to get my hopes up for a negative result. My mind has played tricks on me before but i really feel certain this month!

Will keep you posted

Kylie
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Trying to Conceive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular