Anyone had a false negative?

BillyoJean
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:29 am 
Post subject: Anyone had a false negative?
Hi all, i'm a newbie here. First month trying and AF is 2 days late. Did a First Response this morning and it was negative. Just wondering if may women get a false negative or is this just wishful thinking on my behalf Exclamation Question Exclamation Question
sarah23
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:00 am 
Post subject:
Hi hun, Welcome to the site - it's a bit addictive!

Yes you can get false negatives hun - it's most likely that if you are pregnant now, your hormone isn't strong enough to be detected by the test. It can take some women 2-3 weeks after your af is due for you to get enough hormone to detect it so don't be too disheartened yet. Are you having any symptoms? Are your cycles usually regular and how many days are your normal cycles?

I took a test on Wednesday - first response and got a negative but I'm not getting down about it as it may still be too early so am going to wait a week or two and if af hasn't arrived i'm going to test again. xxxx
BillyoJean
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:13 am 
Post subject:
Hey Sarah23, thanks for the reply and warm welcome!! It certainly is addictive and what a site - god there's so much info....

Yeah I've been monitoring my cycle for 3 months & have had a regular 25 day cycle. Usually know I'm getting AF the day before it arrives cause of AF symptoms. This is 1st month TTC.

Not feeling much at all at the moment and what I am feeling I'm not sure if I'm kinda imagining it Exclamation Exclamation I've experienced a little dizziness (sitting at my desk) on a couple of ocassions lately which is unusual and I feel a mild sort of pressure in my front lower abdomen since yesterday.... I definitely haven't had any of the usual AF smyptoms. I'll leave it for a couple of days & test again if no AF...

Thanks again & best of luck with your "wait" Exclamation Very Happy
sarah23
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:15 am 
Post subject:
Thanks hun - it's very hard not to read into every little symptom you have on here but there are a range of stories that should keep you hopeful whatever happens!
Good luck - let me know how you get on. xxxx
millwallrose44
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:48 pm 
Post subject:
Welcome to the site BillyoJean. I had a false positive with First response for this pregnancy. I tested on a tuesday and got a negative, then tested on thursday and got a strong positive, so it is possible! Sometimes you can be so desperate you imagine symptoms, but yours sound quite promising. I hope you get your BFP this month.

BillyoJean
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 7:16 am 
Post subject:
Thanks for the replies girls..... AF is 5 days late and I did my second test this morning and another negative. I think two false negatives is a bit unlikely so I guess I'll just have to wait & see.....
JANEYLOU
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 7:40 am 
Post subject:
keep your hopes up xxxxxx you never know Very Happy xxxxxxxxxxx

tubal reversal april 08
it worked!!!! i had 2 beautiful reversal babies
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Am I Pregnant? All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular