IVM - Mild IVF

ja43118
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue May 12, 2009 1:22 pm 
Post subject: IVM - Mild IVF
All,

I have been reading so much about this recently, that it seems like I need to try and find out more.

Has anyone had this, does anyone know where this is carried out, do anyone know of any trials etc being done.

Any info anyone can provide to me would be great. I have been on the Oxford Fertility Clinic page and read about it - but just want more than one report and hope to find something in Scotland.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Jo x
Posted: Tue May 12, 2009 2:27 pm 
Post subject:
Hi ja3118

I am currently havingmy first go at IVF wih Salisbury Fertility clinic but last year I had a consultancy with the Oxford Fertility centre re IVM and got told that I wasnt suitable. It is for people that have PCOS, I have PCO but so do a lot of women, the syndrome is the weight issues, excess hair, irregular periods etc. Anyway my friend had her first go at IVM last year at Oxford and it worked first time - she has a beatuiful little boy now and is having her 2nd go in Aug.

for IVM Oxford is the only place I know that do it as it a relatively new procedure.

I hope that helps
Good luck
Terina x
helen73
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed May 13, 2009 10:54 am 
Post subject:
Hi ja,

One of my friends had this last year and now has a beautiful little girl, but she has bad pcos. She travelled to Oxford for it, as it is the only place offering it at present.

Have you looked into the other varieties of IVF?

Like Terina, i'm curently undergoing IVF for first time....although expensive, it's not as bad as it can be made out to be.

Helen xxx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> IVF & Sterilisation Reversal All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular