Pregnant straight after miscarriage? Help!!!

emma3682
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:45 pm 
Post subject: Pregnant straight after miscarriage? Help!!!
Could I be pregnant straight after miscarriage? We had sex a week later and a week before and then I caught an infection 3 weeks after the miscarriage. This is a mess I know. When would I be able to take a pregnancy test? I am on antibiotics because of infection after miscarriage can these harm the baby if I am pregnant? Also if I have the infection still does this mean I will miscarry again?

Sorry to ask so many questions, I just don't know what to do and don't have anybody to talk to.

Please help!!!

xxx
xXMummytoMatildaXx
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:55 pm 
Post subject:
Your INCREDIABLY fertile after a m/c. So yes maybe! I really really really hope you are!!
Keep in touch please and let us know

Gems Xx
emma3682
Posted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:59 pm 
Post subject:
Thank you Gem that is so lovely. I hope your right and I hope I don't have any more complications! x x x
millwallrose44
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:24 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Emma. I got pregnant straight after my miscarriage in Feb, and 3 weeks later I had a positive pregnancy test so it is possible! I would make sure that the antibiotics you are on are safe during pregnancy first of all. I do not think that they cause miscarriage, but it is important to clear it up as soon as possible. I really hope you are pregnant because I know how much it meant to me to be pregnant again so soon as it was a real comfort to me. I would test now if it's been at least 3 weeks since your miscarriage. Let us know how you get on.

emma3682
Posted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:30 pm 
Post subject:
Hi There, I have read on the internet that the ones I am on are usually prescribed to pregnant women. I will do a pregnancy test tomorrow. This would mean the world to me if I was as long as everything would be ok, thank you so much for your kind words. x x x
millwallrose44
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:32 pm 
Post subject:
I just know how it feels to be in your position. I knew I was pregnant again but at the same time thought 'it can't be possible', and then I took a test which was negative and I was so dissapointed even though I was sure it was wrong. Then I took another 2 days later and it was positive, so don't give up. I will be thinking of you tommorrow, and I really hope you get that BFP.

emma3682
Posted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:38 pm 
Post subject:
But I saw the doctor in the week because of the infection and he has said that I may have some tissue still left in there from the miscarriage could this cause more problems for me if I am pregnant, oh and when I miscarried I was only losing for 1 day!

This is such a mess and I feel as though my doctor and the hospital just don't want to know. I need to go for a scan in the next 2 weeks to make sure its all gone but I'm now feeling pregnant again.

xxx
millwallrose44
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:45 pm 
Post subject:
Did they not test your hcg levels after the miscarriage? Luckily I passed it all whole so I knew it was out, but for such a short time of bleeding they should have checked that your levels had gone back to zero else if they had stayed up it would indicate you still have retained tissue. It is a mess, but if they haven't done a proper follow up it is their mistake not yours. My early pregnancy unit nurse didn't believe I was pregnant and thought I was being stupid until she took a blood test which showed a really high level of hcg and progesterone. If you feel pregnant then there is a very strong chance you are as I knew I was pregnant. Do not let them fob you off - get onto your doctor and explain it and say you need to be checked.

millwallrose44
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:46 pm 
Post subject:
If you do not mind my asking, how long ago was your miscarriage? If it was over 4 weeks I would take a test. I know they say it takes about six weeks before you have af, but mine showed positive after 3 so it is possible.

emma3682
Posted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:53 pm 
Post subject:
My miscarriage was on the 20th May (24 days ago). I was 5+4 and doctor said it would just be like a preiod but I have terrible periods usually really heavy so I thought this was abnormal. I went to the hospital 2 weeks ago they did blood tests, an internal and said my cervix was still open 9 days later and I still wasn't passing and to top all that off they have lost my medical records. x x x
millwallrose44
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:04 pm 
Post subject:
Oh my god, what a mess. If your cervix was open 9 days later there is every chance you have retained tissue. What did your blood test say? You really really need to be checked - depending on what is retained you could still be having symptoms from this. Can you make an appointment as soon as possible? I am really worried for you.

emma3682
Posted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:12 pm 
Post subject:
I had all that done and they didn't bother doing a scan, the pain I have been in last week was horrific. I haven't had any feedback from blood tests because the hospital lost my records. I called my doctor Wednesday they said I was no longer to go though them because I went to the hospital over the bank holiday weekend so I called the hospital and they said I had been discharged and was no longer there problem. I then lost my temper and got an emergency appointment to see my GP. He didn't seem worried he just gave me another dose of antibiotics but double the dosage and said I will receive an appointment for the scan in the next 2 weeks. I need to get over this mentally but its impossible when I am not well physically. The pregnancy symptoms only came on half way though last week so they haven't been there since the miscarriage they dissapeared straight away. What a mess!!!

x x x
millwallrose44
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:17 pm 
Post subject:
I am so disgusted for you. Ok first things first -take a pregnancy test and see what the result is. Then you need to get to your doctor (ring and go mad if that is what it takes) demand another blood test and say you need a scan now to know what is going on as it can affect your fertility. if your cervix was still open they should have told you not to have sex as it can cause an infection in your uterus which again can affect fertility. When all this is done I would make a serious complaint to the practice manager because the way they have treated you (and the hospital) is beyond belief.

emma3682
Posted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:24 pm 
Post subject:
I saw the doctor the day after the miscarriage which was the wednesday and I was just told to go home and rest nothing else, I then went back on the Friday to explain I was only losing for 1 day he said everybody is different and carry on as normal no advice or anything, in this time we had sex. I then went to the hospital 3 days later as told to by NHS direct. I then had all that done as I said below but I wasn't told not to have sex or anything, the aftercare treatment has been so terrible and I will probably end up sterile once all this has gone on. Its just my luck honestly. I'm not strong enough at the minute to argue with someone just to be checked over. I think I may call NHS direct tomorrow morning first thing and try and get this thing sorted. Thanks for all your help. x x x
millwallrose44
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:27 pm 
Post subject:
I really feel for you. I can imagine this is still such an awful time for you. I was not told anything either, just I had miscarried and to come back for a check-up 3 weeks later. I was 8+ weeks when I miscarried, and I was not told I would pass the sack whole and have proper labour pains but luckily I read this on the internet else I would have had such a shock. All I can ask is that you please try to get a blood test to see what is going on because I would hate for this to damage your fertility. Will you take a test soon?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Am I Pregnant? All times are GMT
Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

Community

Popular