MAN - new to this site, need help.

deadmau5
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed May 20, 2009 11:44 am 
Post subject: MAN - new to this site, need help.
Hi there,

I am a new male to this site. I've been here before but thought I should register as I have a few questions some of you may be able to help with?

Me and my partner have been trying for a baby since August last year. She was on the pill for 12 years prior to this and thus appreciated it took time to get out of her system.

Since that time, we've had a lot of signs of pregnancy but no actual conception. I am not worried that we can't have children - it's not even been 12 months yet - but recent symptons for my partner have got my hopes up (again).

She came off her period the Sunday before last. We instantly started having sex. After 4 or 5 days, my partner then told me that she was bleeding - it wasn't spotting. She said it was effectively a period - which we thought was odd, considering she had only just had one. This 'second' period lasted for about two days. So by the the following Sunday (17 May, 2009) it had stopped and we started trying again.

Yesterday (Tuesday 19 May, 2009) she said she had felt a little off - tummy - and last night threw up several times. She works as a class teacher, teaching reception, and a few kids have been poorly with a stomach bug - so she beleives it's just that. She went to work this morning, feeling sick, and got some medicine to help settle her tummy.

So, with all this in mind - I just wondered what your thoughts were and do any of the symptons describe sound like pregnancy or just simple conincidence.

Thanks,

D
VickyAndJack
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu May 21, 2009 11:44 am 
Post subject:
hi and welcome to ask baby. i'm not sure if they are pregnancy symptoms or like your oh said could be a bub.

It might be an idea to have a look through the Trying to concieve forum on here, the ladies on there are lovely and really helpful of giving you ideas of the best time of month to be bding to get your baby!

Does your oh know when she ovulates?

xxxx

deadmau5
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Thu May 21, 2009 1:13 pm 
Post subject:
Thank you for the reply. It’s now Thursday and my partner is still being sick. She is also indicating a “watery mouth”. She isn’t going to the doctors because she firmly believes it’s just a bug. Although she has said she does feel odd.

I know she wants a baby so much – we both do – so I guess she just wants to avoid getting her hopes up.

As for ovulation, all I know is that she’s generally ‘good-to-go’ about a week after her period. She can usually tell by some discharge of a clear liquid.

Her periods have been up and down since we started trying. On one occasion her period was a month late!

It’d be useful for me (as the man) to know what the best positions are when having sex to conceive. I know it sounds silly, but when I cum – how long should I stay inside her until I pull-out, and should she be going to the toilet after sex to rid of the cum…? Or should she try and retain it?

It’s hard to understand sometimes as a man lol Confused
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> The Newbies Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular