Nearer To Birth!! Scared!! x

FirstTimeMummyx
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed May 20, 2009 2:04 pm 
Post subject: Nearer To Birth!! Scared!! x
Heya,
Im half way through my pregnancy and cant believe how fast its gone, the next daunting thought is that im going to be giving BIRTH soon!!

Im so nervous about it, im not a good one for pain at all, and the thought of it is scaring me beyond belief!

Im constantly reading about different births, and all that entails e.g babies ripping the mothers and things like that!

Im set on an epidural, but i hear theres risks involved?!
I cant wait to have a bouncing baby, and we find out what baby is next week, but im just scared of the pain in between?

Any help on this, please im only 17 and i have no one else to ask as i have no friends in my situation?

xx
AshleyBUMplusTwo
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed May 20, 2009 2:25 pm 
Post subject:
Hey hun, I'm 19 - so not that much older than you. I too was pregnant at 17 (sadly ended in mc) but I know why you're so worried !! Tbh hun, there are good births and bad births, that's life.. thing is you should probably keep away from the birth stories considering how you are feeling, I know you're jus curious but I'm sure this won't help. The thing is.. when it happens, and you're holding your baby in your arms, you won't care what you've had to go through to get there, and every single bit of it will be worth it !!

Try not to worry so much hunni, best of luck xxxxx
Posted: Wed May 20, 2009 7:58 pm 
Post subject:
I am also 19. My mom told me that when I came out, she forgot all about any of the pain, and was just so happy that I was finally there. She said when it's done with, you don't even think about what just happened, just the fact that your baby is here. Thats what I keep reminding myself. It will all be worth it when my little girl is finally here.
Posted: Wed May 20, 2009 10:26 pm 
Post subject:
Hey Smile

I've been through birth and it can be hard, mine was a hard labour and birth but i got through it, eventually at 7cm i got the epidural despite planning a home birth, got transferred to the hospital in the end. The epidural was fantastic, couldn't have carried on without it but i had a very long labour and was completely exhausted!!! I felt nothing after the epidural at all but i did end up having the vontouse and because of this an epiosiotomy which terrified me, however i ended up with a 2nd degree tear, this sounds bad but i didn't feel a thing and had a brilliant doctor caring for me, it really wasn't that bad after and i definately don't regret the epidural, next time i will be at the hospital and if i so need it again, won't hesitate, however as others have said every birth is different and some are particularly good births so i'm hoping for that next time. My friend had her first in just 2 hours from the start of labour and only had gas and air, her birth was completely different to mine. I'm not trying to scare you just prepare you as it makes a massive difference and also explain that it can be hard but it can also be a brilliant easy quick birth Smile i hope for you that you'll be a lucky one Very Happy even if it is harder it really is worth it when you have your baby in your arms for the first time and it is quickly forgotten, it is definately worth it and i can say that after a particularly difficult labour and birth. Just ask if you have any questions, i am also a young mum at 22 Smile

I really hope things go well for you Smile xxxx

kate1975
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed May 20, 2009 10:30 pm 
Post subject:
Well compared to you I am a very old person! I recently had my first baby and was pooing it as am not very brave. It was nowhere near as bad as i thought and i would not worry if i had to do it again. My friend who is a midwife says that young mums are her favourite births as they are usually quicker and more straightforward!
Posted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:17 pm 
Post subject:
heya hun
im 18 and like ashley i was pregnant at 17 but had an mc...im now 21 weeks pregnant
and i understand your worries

dont want to scare you but yes epidural can complicate things...it can slow down labour, reduce the ability to feel yourself pushing (meaning greater tears) and can sometimes wear off before the desired time

on the other hand unlike most other pain relief it blocks out the pain

at the end of the day its up to you what you choose to do
good luck hun xx
Zacky was born June 26th 2011
Pip was born October 17th 2012
Spencer was born 5th August 2013 (6 weeks early)
Donc17
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 1:06 pm 
Post subject:
Heya...

Just wanted to say that if you go into labour with an open mind it can make it alot easier. You might find you will suprise yourself and not need an epidural as peoples pain thresholds are different. Personally I went into labour with an open mind.. wasnt scared but thought it was gonna hurt like hell... but I found the pain easily managable on gas and air and yes I had a 2nd degree tear from the birth but they stitch it up and it heals pretty quickly, but you dont feel the tearing happening because you are concentrating so hard on pushing em out lol

xxx
MichelleAshleysMummy
Posted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:52 pm 
Post subject:
hey!
am sure u will go through. u will do great. just dont stress urself too much, try to realx, when u will be just about to drop, make sure ur partner is right there, holding ur hand and dont be scared to ask anyone for help, especially midwifes.
when they will put baby on your tommy u will forget about all,
i am 23, had a baby 2,5 months ago, didnt have no epidrual or any other anasthtic.
Am sure u are brave gurl.
good luck

annilee
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:08 pm 
Post subject: epidural
i gave birth to m baby 1week after my 20th b'day.i had an ipidural, which was fantastic. Only problem that i had was that once you have the epidural u cant get up and go to the toilet and i ended up having 3 cathiters(hope thats spelt right).
brittbritt712
Posted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:01 pm 
Post subject:
I turned 17 this summer and had my baby in November. as for the pain, the contractions suck, and im not going to lie they are rather painful, just think of it as intense period cramps. but as for the labor itself, i did it natural and it was NOWHERE near as bad as i thought it would be. i had tearing in the labia, and i had no idea until she told me she was going numb it for stitches. but during the pushing ur just SO involved and focused that there really isnt the pain, its " the baby's so close to being here" and when i was getting she needle for numbing and the stitches, it had no effect on me because i finaly had my daughter in my arms. ur so mezmarized by the baby that you dont even acknowledge whats going on around you or down there for that matter.
avfcgal
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:09 pm 
Post subject:
hi i am 19 years old and i am scared about giving birth, i am having heartburn, headaches, diahorreoa, cramps and back pain i have had a bit of brownish/ red loss when gone to the toilet so i must be due soon, x

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Younger Parents All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular