when can babies go on hols?

fayegal
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:52 pm 
Post subject: when can babies go on hols?
I know it's a bit early to be thinking about this as I am not even due until September! But when is it Ok to take your baby on hol with you??
bethjayne
Posted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 3:23 pm 
Post subject:
Hey I think it all depends on when your ready and when you feel confident enough to.
I expect you have to wait until the baby has had all injections and you know he or she is healthy and happy.
I am due in August and planning to take him away in February, I know the first 3/4 months are going to be so tough so want something to look forward to.
As soon as your baby is born see how you feel and ask your midwife for her opinion for some reassurance x
LauraG
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 3:44 pm 
Post subject:
you can take a baby on a plane at 6 days old or above but i personally think this is way too young. depends wen you and baby are ready. i took my daughter on a plane to spain when she was 1 year old and was very challenging.

DevonMum
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:58 am 
Post subject:
I guess it depends where to and how you and your baby are in the early days. 3 days in Cornwall would be a lot easier early on than 3 weeks in Cuba, for example. I wouldn't advise going anywhere where malaria is a risk until baby is at least 1.
Posted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:35 am 
Post subject:
my mum wants me to go over and live with them in Bulgaria so I have the grandparents on tap, I'm thinking about it because I miss them terribly and I know I will want my mum's advice when the baby arrives, but I've looked in to the health care in Bulgaria and I really don't fancy it at all!
I think I may pop over to see them in about April, bub will be 3 months at that stage and it won't be too hot or too cold. I may think more about moving over when my baby is a year old and had all the injections and it's a bit easier on us both, I wish they'd move back to the UK but thats just selfish lol!!

DevonMum
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:37 am 
Post subject:
Bulgaria is about a 5 hour flight I think? shouldn't be too bad for a 3 month old at all Very Happy
Posted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:13 pm 
Post subject:
its only 4 hrs from manchester! I'm going over in August, got my tickets today, I can't wait Very Happy
Thing is with mum and dad actually living there they will make sure i have everything i need for when i get there so i'm not worried about that, it's the flight that worries me, my ears kill on planes it must be horrid for babies Sad

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular