want to leave my boyfriend but will have no money no house..

lau1980
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sat May 23, 2009 5:04 pm 
Post subject: want to leave my boyfriend but will have no money no house..
PLEASE PLEASE HELP.
My boyfriend has become such a horrible man and i have come to the decision i want out of the relationship.
problem is we have a 1 year old daughter together, live in a house thats his and HE pays the morgage on and i dont work so therefore have no money.
WAT CAN I DO?? i need my own place but havent a clue how to get one/wat entitlements i can recieve or even where to start!
Can anyone help me im in tears most nites as i dont no wat to do
melissabelle
Posted: Sat May 23, 2009 5:07 pm 
Post subject:
is your house in joint namesd and how long have u been together?
lau1980
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Sat May 23, 2009 5:12 pm 
Post subject:
its his house and in his name that he bought before we met each other. ive lived there nearly 2 years now (in july) i just want out but have nowhere to go - no family nothing
nikki1625
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat May 23, 2009 10:13 pm 
Post subject:
get in touch with the council, theyl find u some where 2 live

kayleighk
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun May 24, 2009 9:28 am 
Post subject:
Hun god love you sending you big hugs... dont panic ...LOADS YOU CAN DO !! plenty of things..

First things first get up the council and explain that you are homeless and need a place ASAP. see what ure options are. Ask them for a Home Options Interview

Then get onto the job centre www.jobcentreplus.co.uk and find the number to claim income support so u have ure own money

As soon as you know what ure options are with the council you can decide where to go from there. Anything else you need to know just ask !! xxxx
Posted: Sun May 24, 2009 9:32 am 
Post subject:
u might be able to claim u are his common law wife and might have some rights even although its his house u may have a claim on it am not sure how that works though, worth looking into.
lau1980
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Mon May 25, 2009 10:20 am 
Post subject:
thankyou everyone! im trying to keep him sweet as if he new wat i was up to he'd go off the wall!!
someone told me something about housing benefit - that if i get a house then the council will pay some of the rent??
and that he would have to pay me money because of our daughter ?
is that right? would i have to first find a house then apply or wat??
thankyou for everyones help xxx
Charlenem1987
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon May 25, 2009 3:01 pm 
Post subject:
You can also privately rent and the council will give you housing benefit and even help you pay the deposit. Its called housing allowance now and is calculated depending on your needs for example how many children you have, how many rooms you will need etc.

Example if its only you and your daughter and you privately rent a four bedroom house they will only pay benefit to your needs because really you only need a max of two bedrooms so they will asses you based on the average cost of a two bedroom.

You will also be entitled to income support and a higher level of tax credits as a single parent.

xx
Posted: Mon May 25, 2009 4:39 pm 
Post subject:
oh ok thats interesting to know! thanks everyone for helping me understand wats wat! guess ive got a few decisions to make!
DevonMum
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:25 am 
Post subject:
hiya

in your situation it may also be worth getting in touch with any local women's refuge. They are usually really helpful, regardless of the reason you want out - they may be help to offer you somewhere short term while you get yourself sorted.

Anna
xx

Jump to:  

Community

Popular