AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:34 am 
Post subject:
and, whenever you get a strop on, you can say 'god I'm such an old fishwife'
Posted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:37 am 
Post subject:
I love names you can make puns out of! My married name is Price, so there's a few.

The price is right is a good one I hear a lot. Someone said we should name our kid Sale or Half.
Posted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:38 am 
Post subject:
go with 'Best' then when you're on holiday in Turkey, and the people say 'come buy my tat, I give you best price', you can say 'that's OK we already have him'. Will confuse them no end Very Happy
Posted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:23 pm 
Post subject:
one of my best mates got married last week, his name was Liversidge, he's sick of the sausage jokes and Liz didn't his name so he took the opportunity to change his and took hers, they are now Mr and Mrs Hnat!!

I think I'd rather of had Liversidge personally its pronounced Nat btw! lol

x

millwallrose44
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:51 pm 
Post subject:
Wow strange names. I was Speck but took my husband's name and am now Dugmore. Although I like the name, my initials are now MAD and no-one can spell it for some reason. I too kind of wanted to keep my name as I only have sister's so the name will die out, but I like the tradition of taking the husband's surname.

Fishy
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 4:34 pm 
Post subject:
Do you know the first thing my brother said to me when I got engaged was ..........

Oh so your going to be a fish wife then???

Its a [*@!#%*] name and you know it is - but im the one that has to put up with it!!!!

xx
millwallrose44
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 4:35 pm 
Post subject:
lol, poor you.

BreakfastMonkey
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:59 am 
Post subject:
millwallrose44 wrote:
Wow strange names. I was Speck but took my husband's name and am now Dugmore. Although I like the name, my initials are now MAD and no-one can spell it for some reason. I too kind of wanted to keep my name as I only have sister's so the name will die out, but I like the tradition of taking the husband's surname.

I Completely Agree, I Took My Hubbies Surname

slummymummy
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:54 am 
Post subject:
My surname is now Munro-Chick, how random is that!! I have to spell it to eeeeeveryone and they still get it wrong! I would have quite liked to have kept part of my maiden name as there were no boys to pass it on, but with it being doubled anyway i didn't know which bit to drop and nothing sounded right.

My maiden name was Manuel so all the jokes were.........call your baby, car or sex etc etc!

My friend didn't take her hubbys name and she wants to change now, especially as they have a baby. She said she was quite upset that her scan pics had her surname and not her husbands.

x

Marien
Posted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:05 pm 
Post subject: Changing names
Hi. I've been married to hubby no2 for nearly 3 years and only changed my name a few weeks ago as I'm pregnant and thought it would be nicer for baby not to be confused over names as he was growing up! Plus it was important to my husband and although I like my maiden name, his surname is nice too (Steadman). On my first marriage I changed my name straight away because we got married for VISA purposes (he was a Kiwi so it was either marry or split up!) but as we got married for the wrong reasons (and he turned out to be violent), and it didn't last, this time round I was a bit superstitious about changing my name straightaway. Silly, I know but there you go. Sometimes I do think it is a bit sexist but it doesn't really bother me, and it makes hubby happy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  

Community

Popular