hip pain...

kazzz
Forum Leader
Forum Leader
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 2:21 pm 
Post subject: hip pain...
Hi,
I've been getting severe hip pains but only in the night.What side i'm laying on,then if i turn over i get it in that side aswell... Sometimes when i get up in the mornings i have a job to walk.....

Have been referred for physio but haven't had my first lot yet as my scan was running realy late....
Used deep heat spray on it today as pain was unbearable....

Has anyone else had this trouble???

karen....
DevonMum
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:40 am 
Post subject:
Hi Kaz

I get it a bit, meaning I end up flipping myself like a pancake all night and not getting a lot of sleep - also a little bit in my shoulders. Mind you - yours sounds much much worse than mine!! I found having a cushion between my legs helps a lot - but you may also need one of those full body maternity pillows that cocoon and support you better than a mattress. Oh the other thing that helped me was an extra pillow under my head.

Hope that helps, and hope it improves soon!

Anna
kazzz
Forum Leader
Forum Leader
Posted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:17 am 
Post subject:
I slept with a pillow between my legs last nite,one of those with the tiny polystyrene balls in it.Untill i went to move it & ripped the stitching & now have little balls all over the bed... Laughing so that didn't help much...
I have one of the little pillows double ended & just flat material in the middle to rest my bump on,have been shifting that down at the back to try & raise my hip up a bit..Not much help....
Also finding even if i'm not laying on my left hip & it's been hurting that it still hurt for ages even though no pressure on it....
Got up this morning & could hardly walk,having to swing my leg round to get hip working,getting up & down steps today God that not good....

been looking it up on the net & it says try pillows in between legs,massage is meant to help,heat were pain is,also physio therapy...Says you can try muscle rubs.....I have had to turn to deep heat(even though i can't stand the smell at any time)that's how bad it's getting....

Hope you get your pain relieved..... Smile

karen....
DevonMum
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:29 am 
Post subject:
I use a rectangular square-edge very firm cushion that I got in Debenhams summer sale for about 8, because it's not too big, and very firm, it seems to work well as a between-the-legs support. Just looked on their website and can't find it there, closest looking one is this:
http://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_10001_10001_62710_424263_-1

have you tried hot water bottle?

the whole walking being very uncomfortable thing is familiar too - 2 things I'm finding help. Get up a walk about often, seems to stop me stiffening up too badly (its even worth it through the night - when u have to go to the loo, or wake in pain etc, get up and go up and down the stairs a couple of times, and walk round your living room or wherever to loosen your joints. Second thing is to not try and get up or walk if your having a Braxton Hicks contraction. I had no idea what these were until I saw the midwife on Friday (was blaming baby thinking he was pushing out really hard), but they are a feeling of tightness accross your belly, and your bump goes REALLY hard. I find it virtually impossible to walk during them. Maybe you're getting a lot at night? Breath really deeply though it, then when you feel your bump getting softer again, wait 2 minutes, then get up.

keep trying new stuff, let me know how you get on as I always need tips too!!
kazzz
Forum Leader
Forum Leader
Posted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:12 am 
Post subject:
You should know i'd let you know how things are going LOL....I've just had a call from my physio lady, & got an appointment for tommorow morning.....Thank god for that.....

Yes my tummy does go real tight sometimes when walking when he has moved normally when i'm walking up stairs,stops me dead un my tracks....so i just stop till he moves....
Even when i get up in the mornings i have trouble just getting round the house.I'm up at 7am to get my daughter to school.Sometimes my hip still hurts at 11 am....My partner's a fireman so he's about alot & at the mo he is on holiday & he's been taking jade to school for me.....
keep me posred on how you get on also.It's always good to chat & exchange info.... Smile

I will let you know how i get on tomorrow aswell let you know what they say & do......

Karen....
kazzz
Forum Leader
Forum Leader
Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 11:07 am 
Post subject:
How bad of me to not get back to you all..Sorry...Well the pains over the last two nights have been very bad i must say...The pressure is getting that bad if i lay on my right side my arm starts hurting sometimes....Not getting the hip pain in the mornings now thogh one thing to be thankfull for i guess...My belly is so big now i struggle to turn over i can feel the baby as i try 7 turn so uncomfortable...Not to long now am 33 weeks....

Karen....
kazzz
Forum Leader
Forum Leader
Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:07 am 
Post subject:
Bad night again last night... If it starts hurting tonight i might get up & sleep on the sofa As Andrew not getting much sleep either he hears me nearly crying in the night with pain....

Karen....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular