Blood test vs Home Preg Test - sad news :(

Dee5
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:41 pm 
Post subject: Blood test vs Home Preg Test - sad news :(
Hi all,

My last period was on the 06-05-2008 I did a home preg test last week 10-06-2008 and it was neg - went to the doc he did a blood test on 17-06-2008 and it is positive - did another home test today and it is still negative, WHY?? please help

Last edited by Dee5 on Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:28 pm; edited 2 times in total
k175ty
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:46 pm 
Post subject:
id defo go with the blood test-afterall-is IS a doc who says its pos!! Very Happy

I have no idea why your test says neg-did you discuss this with your doc?

xx
Dee5
Posted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:52 pm 
Post subject:
Thank you so much - just can't believe i have been blessed!! Hard to believe - must be positive though - asked the doc if he can please tell through the blood test how far I am - will know on Friday - just wonder if the results weren't mixed up with someone elses - especially in our country anything is possible Laughing
sarah23
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:03 pm 
Post subject:
OH MY GOD!!! Dee...that's such a comfort to me cos my last period was the 5th May and I did a test last week as well and it was negative! Congrats! So pleased that you are and it gives me way more hope that I could be as well. Are you having any symptoms? Or is it just the very late period? How long are your cycles usually? Sorry for all the questions! Lol! xxxxx
Dee5
Posted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:13 pm 
Post subject:
Hey thank you!! My boyfriend and I were not expecting it. I was on the pill and went off - try and give myself breaks sometimes. I had no periods for March and April - I read that if I took a preg vit it helps so I did and 5 days later my period arrived! So I was waiting this month for my period and nothing - did the home tests and nothing - so weird - went to my gynae and he gave me the look and did an internal and said my uterus is still small so he said he wants me to go for blood tests - been having a pain in my left breast - one weekend I was nausious and had bad back ache - had the feeling that I was going to be having my period but no. So confused as to why the home tests are negative
MissScotland
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:26 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Dee,

First of all congratulations on your bfp, hope you have a h&h pregnancy Smile

Your story leaves us all with hope. My last period was the same date as yours and i got a neg test yet been having lots of symptoms etc.
Thanks for sharing that with us.

Sarah are you dancing around like me hunni? Razz How fab is that Very Happy
Should we not just go get our bloods done as opposed to waiting for our re-scheduled testing date? or both lol.
Im made up

D xxxx
Dee5
Posted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:29 pm 
Post subject:
Hey girls - I would get a blood test done - especially since the home ones can be giving off false results!! Really hope your your sakes you get the same result as me!!! Laughing
MissScotland
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:03 pm 
Post subject:
It does sound promising and makes that light at the end of the tunnel much brighter.

I`m intrigued to know why the hpt`s are showing neg but i suppose every1`s different.

Keep us updated Dee and let us know how far gone you are when you find out friday.

I dunno what to do now, maybe a visit to the docs for a wee chat n bloods and mibby try my last hpt is on call for 2moz morning.

D xxx
sweetbabies
Posted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:31 pm 
Post subject:
congrats on your BFP

just to let you all know i had false positives untill i was 8 weeks, so it does happen,

apparantly blood tests are more accurate that home test from progesterone levels apparantley (but dont quote me on that)

baby dust to you all

xx
Posted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:45 pm 
Post subject:
Wow thank you so much - it has been really strange - it would just be so nice if I could acctually look at the test and see two lines - makes it a little more real especially when you can't feel anything yet...
millwallrose44
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:28 pm 
Post subject:
Blood tests are more accurate, as they measure the quantitative level of hcg so can tell you your exact level of hcg which can be detected 6-8 days after ovulation, which if over 15ml is considered pregnant. However HPT usually measure anything over 25ml (which is diluted in urine) so it can take much longer to detect. If your blood test says you are pregnant, you are definately pregnant! Congratulations!

Dee5
Posted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:42 am 
Post subject:
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! thanks for that, it helps alot Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
sarah23
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:17 am 
Post subject:
Congrats hun! That's such fantastic news and is an inspiration to us ttc ladies!
Dee - I've been having a few shooting pains in my left boob, my nipple is a bit sore, but nothing else. Have you only felt nauseous once? It sounds like you haven't had many symptoms which prob is why the pg test doesn't pick it up - comfort to me as your pg and not having many and I'm not having many either so doesn't mean i'm not pregnant I suppose! Good luck with the pregnancy. xxxx

Miss Scotland - yeah i'm definitely dancing around now hun! It does really make me want to go and get bloods done but I'm still gonna wait a while cos I'm not having any symptoms at all and if the blood tests come back negative that's fairly conclusive! I think it's still early days with me cos of my long cycles, i've got to look at it that day 58 is the day my af is due so really I shouldn't be able to test until then and then they say a lot of women don't detect it for 2-3 weeks after af is due so I could be waiting another month to find out!! Nightmare! I haven't really thought about it until I wrote that! Lol! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you - I hope you find out soon! Hope you're okay. xxxxxxx
sarah23
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:18 am 
Post subject:
Sweetbabies - were you getting symptoms in the 8 weeks before you got your positive result? xxxxx
Dee5
Posted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:14 pm 
Post subject:
Hello Ladies - I have very sad news - I asked for a quantitive test to be done on how far I am and it has come out negative - they re-did the blood test in another town and it is also negative so the home tests were right - I have been crying all day - can't believe it!! Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Am I Pregnant? All times are GMT
Page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to:  

Community

Popular