Blood test vs Home Preg Test - sad news :(

sarah23
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:37 pm 
Post subject:
Oh sweetie - I'm soo sooo sorry - how awful - how on earth did they say that you had a positive blood test - the meaneys - oh hun i'm really sorry - you may still have a chance of getting pg this month though hun - if you af hasn't arrived yet hun it could be that you ov'd late and you've only just conceived - may still be too early for a blood test to pick up as well so don't be too disheartened. It will happen soon sweetie, you'll be okay. We are all here for you. xxxxxxxx
Dee5
Posted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:43 pm 
Post subject:
thank you so much for your support - it is greatly appreciated. They said that they are using a new machine and this is the second time that it has given false positive. I just cried when the man from the lab phoned to try and explain what happened. I said to him that you just don't understand how it feels when you have been trying since January to concieve and you get told positive and then three days later it is negative. This country I live it really sucks - they don't get anything right
sarah23
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:53 pm 
Post subject:
You're welcome hun - I'm always here if you need to talk. I can't imagine how you must feel sweetie - what stupid doctors - they should chuck that machine away. You never know, the hormone may have fluctuated a little bit - there are so many stories on here that shock you - there is always hope! Try not to get too down sweetie - I know it's easier said than done but you will be okay and it will happen soon I'm sure.
Lots of hugs for you. xxxxxx
Dee5
Posted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:59 pm 
Post subject:
I really can't believe the support on this site - it is truely amazing. I stopped the pill in January. Had my period Feb, nothing in March, April and it came back in May now nothing in June - How can I make myself regular?

i really feel so empty and sick inside - feels like I am incomplete now - when they told me I was pregnant I felt that this is how life is meant and the last piece of the puzzle was complete.
sarah23
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:04 pm 
Post subject:
Sweetie - i'm the same as you - i had a m/c in january and since then I've only had 2 cycles. My first one was 6 weeks and then I had a 58 day cycle and now I'm on day 49! I have no idea when I'm ovulating or when my af is due or when to test (I sound like a broken record I've said this so often!) But generally if you're having long cycles you're still ovulating, it's just much later than day 14 - you ovulate 12-14 days before you af hun so keep on trying cos you may still be ovulating this month and you may still catch it! This cycle isn't over yet! It's not over until aunt flo sings! Stay positive hun - with our weird cycles, anything is possible so try to look at it that way. Some people say you can take angus cactus a herbal rememdy to help regulate you but my doc said you shouldn't really take anything whilst ttc and your body will really do what it wants to do. Try exercise and things to take your mind off it which should help your hormones to settle. I'm in the same boat so i'm here if you need to talk at any time. What cycle day are you? My last period was 02/05/08

Lots of luck and hugs hun. xxxx
Dee5
Posted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:09 pm 
Post subject:
There are so many ladies in our position and it is so sad - I am on day 44 in my cycle now. So frustrating and hard to stay positive when it is something that is really wanted...
MissScotland
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 12:34 am 
Post subject:
Hi Dee,

I havent took the pill and only tried it for a few weeks 10-11 years ago so dont know too much but seen as you had no period in March & April it may be that your body is just trying to adjust into a normal cycle after you stopping your pill.

I cant get away with the doctors results. How did you manage to get a quantitive test done overnight as id imagine your blood samples would have already been sent off to where they were originally going. Would they not need new blood samples from you?

Sorry for all the questions,I realise it must be a sensitive time for you and maybe im not reading this through properly.

Were you and your partner ttc since Jan as you previously mentioned that you stopped the pill in jan to take a break as you like to do that sometimes?
Hopefully you can get back into a normal cycle soon and start bd for a bfp. or even, just keep bd just incase.

D xxx
Dee5
Posted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 4:59 am 
Post subject:
Hi Miss Scotland,

Yes I have been trying since jan and I think you are right my body is trying to adjust.

They took blood samples on Tuesday and told me to phone back later that afternoon cos they test the blood at the same place they take it. I phoned and they said to me it was positive. I was so shocked. I went back on Wednesday to see if they could do a quantitive test and they said yes they have enough blood but that has to be sent through to another town and it would take about 24 hours to get the result. The ladies there were still alittle rude and said that their tests are 100% accurate so I must not doubt it. They then phoned me yesterday to say that they are sorry the quantitive came back negative. They seem to be having a problem with the new machine and this is the second time it has come back with false positives. I told them that they are so cruel to tell someone who has been trying for so long. It feels as though I have lost a baby.

I don't know how to help my system adjust quicker? Do you?
DevonMum
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 7:32 am 
Post subject:
oh Dee I don't know what to say. I'm soooo sorry for you. {{{{{{{{HUGE hugs}}}}}}}}}}
Posted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 7:45 am 
Post subject:
Thank you so much DevonMum

Thank you for the big hugs - it actually feels like i have miscarried believing so much that i was carrying to now nothing.

I just really need some help to conceive - my periods are irregular and i need help in that department.... Crying or Very sad
DevonMum
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 7:49 am 
Post subject:
have you considered Clomid? it regulates your af as well as promoting ovulation. I had it prescribed at the hospital fertility clinic, after a GP referral. Hope that helps Very Happy
Posted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:49 am 
Post subject:
you see the thing is that the doc still thinks i am on the pill - i am not married but have been with my boyfriend for nearly 8 years and am longing to have a baby. In our country I think only my gynae would be able to do it for me and ya he doesn't know that i really want a baby
Kirk
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:54 am 
Post subject:
Hi Dee

I am so sorry that this has happened to you, it shouldn't and I can see how your hopes would have been built up. They cant mess with people's emotions like this, it's just not fair.
Keep in there though, like others have said you may have ovulated late so keep trying. I will keep my fingers crossed for you chick.

Kirk
Dee5
Posted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:57 am 
Post subject:
Thanks Kirk!!!! Smile

They want me to come in on monday to give new blood to do another test - I really pray hard for the result to turn in my favour!!!!! I am going to pray hard - so please everyone pray that I have a happy ending!!! Smile
Kirk
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:03 am 
Post subject:
Hi Dee

Im on my knees already for you!!

be strong, and I hope it goes your way. Here's hoping the negative result was wrong!!

Lots and lots of baby dust

Kirk
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Am I Pregnant? All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to:  

Community

Popular