False Positive?

lizzyhearts
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:57 pm 
Post subject: False Positive?
Hi there, altho i don't post very much on here, i read thru a lot of the forums. I dunno where to start but is there a chance that u can have a false positive twice on 2 sep tests that are taken 4 days apart?
Dee5
Posted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:01 pm 
Post subject:
Hey Lizzie,

I have had two negative tests in a week and went to my gynae and had a blood test and it came up positive!! So I think YES!
lizzyhearts
Posted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:10 pm 
Post subject:
so i may not be pregnant after all? I am 8 days late and on day 43 of a cycle. I have never ever been this late b4. Have had cycles that have gone as long as 35 days. I am showing all the symptoms. Tiredness, nausea(i thot i was going to be sick on the bus on the way to work this morning!), sore breasts(so sore i can't touch them...not ever had that b4), missed period, sore back, and gone off chocolate(defo not like me!). I am not dreaming this as me and my b/f did a test on sunday...we deliberately waited longer than we know u can as we didn't want to get our hopes up. It was positive. I did another one this morning, again to be on safe side, and again positve. I have an app with the gp 2morrow, and in a sheer twist of fate, i have a scan booked on tuesday, which was originally to make sure everything was in the right place. mb i shud just accept am not pg after all....coz from what i have read on here, it happens a lot.
OOOO0
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:14 pm 
Post subject:
Hi ladies you can get a faulse neg as it comes up neg but you turn out to be pg, but not a faulse pos. You have to have pg hormone in you body to get a pos even a faint one. good Luck. Pupx
Dee5
Posted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:15 pm 
Post subject:
I really think you are pregnant too - why you doubting it?
lizzyhearts
Posted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:24 pm 
Post subject:
ohhh it's ok...am not doubting it....i guess am just reading too much into all the negative and positive stuff....I just found out on monday that a work colleague of mine is pg too. She is 17 weeks, found out 2 weeks ago, was on the pill, and had been having periods! I know we are all different and until tonite, i hadn't thot about the positive tests mb being wrong but then again the level of hcg in my body rite now is high so i know i am pg. I actually told my deputy manager this morning, i had to as i was feeling really sick and didn't know how i cud hide it. She was great about it, and has told my main boss with my approval, just so they know why i disappear to the loo! I asked them not to tell anybodyelse yet as i don't want to tempt fate. There is a risk of miscarriage on my mum's side of the family, and like a lot of folk, i just want to make sure he/she is ok b4 i announce it to the world that i am pg. I know i have told u guys, but it's different on here coz nobody judges u and we are all here for the same reason.
Flan
Posted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:26 pm 
Post subject:
It absolutely sounds like you are PG! Your symptoms, missed AF and not 1 but 2 pos tests, only lead to one conclusion! CONGRATS! Very Happy
PUP1 is right when she says a PG test can only show a pos result if HCG hormone is present and this only if you are PG!
Flanxxx
PS I mentioned in other thread earlier today of "false" BFP result after testing 6 days before AF due almost certainly due to a fertilised egg which didn't implant properly and died, followed by a BFN and my period coming after. I'd never have know about the BFP had I not been so impatient to test. Your case is a classic proper +ve!! Wishing you all the very best Very Happy
lizzyhearts
Posted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:34 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks Flan! I have been walking around in a daze, a beautiful daze, since sunday, it has just hit me now and i don't regret this for one second. He/she was conceived out of love and is very much a wanted baby by both of us. My other half is over the moon. We currently don't live 2gether but at his suggestion on sunday, we r looking into buying a home 2gether and doing it all. I was a bit worried about what my parents wud say as i know my mum wud prefer us to be married etc, she is old skool, but Simon said he doesn't care what folk think and we r going to show them we can do this.....awwwww, this had me in tears as it made me realise just how much he really does love me and care for me, even tho we have been 2gether for just over a yr and only get the chance to spend time 2gether at the weekends....hence the total surprise that i am actually pg. My gp had told me we needed to be doing the baby dance 3 times a week! Ha, once a week, and it took us 13mths!
Flan
Posted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:37 pm 
Post subject:
Lizzyhearts, you sound great, like you're walking on air!! Soooooo pleased for you, best of luck in getting a place to stay with your OH and for your future plans and pregnancy Very Happy

Flanxxx Very Happy
millwallrose44
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:24 pm 
Post subject:
It definately sounds like you are pregnant! Congratulations!!!!! I hope things work out well for you and your other half - you sound like a lovely couple, and I wish you luck with your pregnancy and your relationship.

lizzyhearts
Posted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:42 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks very much guys! I honestly didn't think it wud ever happen. Simon is over the moon, and i know this is the right thing for us. He believes it is too. We had talked about this before and had decided not to worry about things. Just let them happen but i got really worried last month when i had the worst period ever. I was off work for 2 days as it was so bad. The bleeding was terrible, not like a normal bleed and i was in so much pain, i was throwing up. I managed to get to work but just didn't feel i cud do a days work so my boss sent me home. It's because of what happened last mth that has made me v surprised that i am finally pg. We have been doing the baby dance basically since we started dating and had never really taken any precautions. I am not on the pill anymore, haven't been for 7 yrs and we never used any protection! In my heart of hearts, i knew we are meant to be. Call me a soppy moo, but i believe in fate and my dreams are finally coming to fruition. Simon is a darling and he cudn't stop cuddling me on sunday, and saying that he is going to take care of us all. We are going into this with realistic eyes. We know it's not going to be easy but hey, life is a challenge and the biggest challenge facing me personally is the birth. I have spent the last few nites surfing baby sites and getting ideas for things to buy etc....OMG! It's really happening!
millwallrose44
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:11 pm 
Post subject:
I am so pleased for you Smile I hope the pregnancy works out really well. When are you going to make a doctor's appointment to confirm?

lizzyhearts
Posted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 6:09 am 
Post subject:
Morning! I have an app today with the doc...wish me luck...am currently sat here feeling really sick...not from nerves...just ms...got a sore head too....woke up at 1am feeling sick and sore head...i know i mb shudn't have but i had to take an anadin tab...it's all i have just now....i guess i will need to get the paracetamol tonite after the doc...in the meantime, i am away to get myself ready for work...tbh, i just want to go back to bed!
DevonMum
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 6:20 am 
Post subject:
good luck Very Happy and massive congratulations!!
Posted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:08 am 
Post subject:
good luck with your pregnancy xxxxxx Very Happy and good luck at the docs 2day!!!! xxx massive congrats !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tubal reversal april 08
it worked!!!! i had 2 beautiful reversal babies
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Am I Pregnant? All times are GMT
Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

Community

Popular