do you think this is fair?

MrsMummy
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:29 pm 
Post subject: do you think this is fair?
my husband got told today that he has to go to southampton to have an op, (we live in the channel islands so its not a drive away, its a plae journey) when i phoned my husbands mum she said 'well you obviosly cna't go with him as you have the kids to look after so i will ask his dad to go' since then she has decided to go aswell, she is 45 and doesn't work yet wouldn't have my kids for 1 day and 1 night so i could be with my husband while he had an op done. i have never left my kids before but really want to be with my husband,
Posted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:32 pm 
Post subject: xx
no i dont think its fair hun...ov course u want 2 be with ur husband she sould be offering to look after the kids so u can be there with him...is there any 1 else who u trust enough 2 look after the kids so u can go x
MrsMummy
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:34 pm 
Post subject:
no knowone, my dad works full time and is by himself so 2 young kids is alot for him, and the only other person is my sister who also works full time,
Posted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:38 pm 
Post subject: xx
could u ask ya husband to ask his mum 2 have the kids cse he wud prefere u to be there with him... x
MrsMummy
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:41 pm 
Post subject:
no he wouldn't do that, he hates it when we disagree, plus i am pretty sure she would say no, i am hoping someone else will mention how they think its unfair i can't go and be with him
Posted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:52 pm 
Post subject:
sorry amy but what a b*tch!!!!! that's exactly the kind of thing my MIL would do as well. i'm afraid to say that your hubby needs to grow some kahoonas and speak to his mum about it.......my hubby is the same and let's his mum and dad walk all over us xxx
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:59 pm 
Post subject:
thank you, i am the one who speaks up for us normally, he hates any conflict so just doesn't speak up for himself.
he shouldn't have to go a few weeks so i am hoping someone will make a comment and i will certainly be saying my piece
Posted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:02 pm 
Post subject:
it's a horrible situation to be in when it's the wives who have to always speak up cos then we look like we're causing trouble!!! it makes me so mad! Rolling Eyes Twisted Evil i hope someone does say something and makes her realise that she is being unreasonable xxxx
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:07 pm 
Post subject:
My husband is exactly the same, I always have to say what either of us are thinking to my parents-in-law as he doesn't want to cause any friction. I am sorry to hear she is being so nasty to you - of course you want to stay with your husband, it's only natural. I hope somehow you do end up going with him.

MrsMummy
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:13 pm 
Post subject:
thanks everyone, i didn't think it was just me being selfish, i will try sort everything out

Jump to:  

Community

Popular