Choosing the sex

You want a boy but...
its a girl so terminate and try again
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
its a girl !!!!! She is my daughter and I love her.
100%
 100%  [ 23 ]
Total Votes : 23
Huntermac
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:41 am 
Post subject: Choosing the sex
Goodevening ladies!! Hey, there is a huge debate going on in New Zealand at the moment about wether it should be ok to choose the sex of your baby. This of course has to be done by IVF type treatment, if you want a boy and the fertilised eggs turns out to be a girl you can choose to have it destroyed. At the moment it is illegal here for any medical person to assist or even recommend how to get the sex you wish. What do you think? Should we be allowed to tamper with nature?
Posted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:56 am 
Post subject:
Morning/evening Huntermac

I think that if you were ment to have a choice in the sex of your baby then it would have been made that way - and as it's not then why tamper with what's not broken!!!

xx
fifitrixibelle
Posted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:59 am 
Post subject:
absolutely not!!!!I deep down realised i wanted a boy and was fortunate enought to be told on tuesday im having one, but had the sonographer told me i was having a girl i wouldnt have thought a single bit less or differently towards her, just a silly tradition of wanting first born to be a son not that i prefer boys over girls or anything like that. I love my baby regardless of its sex and will feel the same about any future ones i may have whether its a boy or a girl. I cant believe people can be so stupid, surely its more important to have a happy healthy baby that u love than having an a la carte family.

Bazzle
Posted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:59 am 
Post subject:
I think that is wrong!! I dont disagree that people have preferences - I myself was leaning towards a boy! However I dont think it is right to destroy embryos if they are not the sex you wanted.

I watched a really intereresting programme on Discovery health about Embryo adoption and it really highlighted the fact that the donors of these embryos saw them as children - as much as they would if they were giving a born child up for adoption, and I think if the parents do not want the embryos because of the sex then there are likely to be couples in the world with fertility issues that would jump at the chance to adopt these embryos??

Interesting programme if anyone gets a chance to watch it!! xxxx
Posted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:00 am 
Post subject:
personally I think it's madness to want to change the sex. Good lord - you'd think people going through assisted conception would just be bl00dy grateful to be pregnant at all!!!
Posted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:08 am 
Post subject:
hi devonmum, how long have u left before the op?have u relaxed about it a lil? Il be thinkig of ye, hope all is well, xxx

DevonMum
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:12 am 
Post subject:
a week today Sad and no, still stressing lol.
Posted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:16 am 
Post subject:
aw hun its easy saying it i know but dont worry, everything will be fine {{{{{{{{Hugs}}}}}}}

xxx

Dev
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:31 am 
Post subject:
There's some controversy that a lot of certain religious groups here in the UK were getting abortions when they find out that their baby is going to be a girl, so now they don't tell you in a lot of hospitals.

My question is, how do these people expect to keep up their religions and races if they keep getting rid of all the people who can procreate?!? A woman doesn't need a man to do it, but a man sure does need a woman!
Posted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:36 am 
Post subject:
well said dev, did the ever find out what the story was with the twin girls that were abandoned??

marcandtash
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:04 pm 
Post subject:
talking personally i have waited sooo bloomin long to get pg that i dont care what it is as long as it is healthy and happy -- i am sure alot of us feel the same about our little growing bundles

tashxxxx
Posted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:57 pm 
Post subject:
I agree! I never cared WHAT sex my baby was as long as it was healthy. I think it is wrong to play God like that. xx
lilbit88
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 4:54 pm 
Post subject:
I would like to have that procedure done. My husband and I have three boys. I want my baby girl but how many more boys do I have to have to get my baby girl. If we keep on this track we are going to end up with a baseball team of boys.
Huntermac
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:04 pm 
Post subject:
Hi ya lilbit, your family sounds like mine. Girls are very rare on my husbands side. There are only a few girls dotted along the family tree. Doctors say that their male sperm are just so much stronger for some reason and the girls too few and not lasting long enough to get to the egg. Amazing how they can check that stuff a!!!! My sister in law is going to see some herby type doc who says he can kill off the male sperm and allow the females to get to the egg. My biggest concern doing this is there must be a reason why the females arnt getting through, eg: they cant be healthy so Im worried babe will have some major issues and either not survive or be born with issues that they hadnt counted on. If you do get it done I hope it works for you though. Very Happy Good luck.
Posted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 4:10 pm 
Post subject:
If a couple where that desperate to have a child that they go through ivf treatment, then they should be grateful for the gift of a child regardless of sex and shouldnt be picky x

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular