Im am so scared!

BabyGill
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 3:12 pm 
Post subject:
Kayla thanks for the advice on salt baths, I have too heard that they help the 'after wounds' - my mum also swears by them. I am also thankful to cometomama for her question regarding salt baths - im sure there are many mums to be out there who would have wanted to know the answer to your question and Kayla I dont think she was trying to undermine you. We are all worried, excited and anxious about becoming mums and I dont think any question is silly if it puts your mind at ease. Wink
kazzz
Forum Leader
Forum Leader
Posted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 2:17 pm 
Post subject:
Hi all,
This is my second pregnancy labour for me was 40 hours with my first baby..I had 2 lots of pethadin gas & air & epidural.

I will say to all having first baby STAY CALM AT ALL TIMES.......As i was giving birth i heard my babys heart beat drop badly the next thing i knew the room was full of doctors etc..What had happened was her shoulders had got stuck..Soon after she was born by forceps & vontous.If anything like this happens stay calm & listen to what the midwife tells you....I had stitches also was very uncomfortable all i could feel was twisting & tugging....
I have 6 weeks left & hope my labour this time round is far less than the first time.... Smile

Good luck to all....

Karen......
AskBaby9861
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:34 am 
Post subject:
I enjoyed my labour even though the birth plan went out the window due to my blood pressure going dangerously high, never say never!!! contractions near the end really hurt but i found the pushing part quite a relief good luck and go in with an open mind!!
pixiemama
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 4:45 pm 
Post subject: It is a scary time.
When you are about to give birth it is natural to be scared. The best thing for you to do is to have a plan. Going in prepared is the best way to take your focus off of your fear. During my second pregnancy I was scared and in alot of pain. I got a downloadable book that helped with the labor and delivery. I used maternity acupressure to help with the pain and I totally felt in control the whole time. I found the book at http://www.maternityacupressure.com. It was great and helped me so much.
mrswolfbane
Posted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 9:34 pm 
Post subject:
the best advice i had was to make as little noise as possible

u know when u see on tv the woman pushing and grunting and screaming well that adds stress and then u focus on the grunting and all the power or ur pushing goes into ur throat and not to ur belly.

as soon as i mastered that it was easier by far.and also it was pointed out to me that by making alot of noise u cud be scaring over ppl in other rooms and i wudnt want to do that.
breathing is important and staying positive is important.
trying not to panic is best and dont listen to the worst labour stories because everyones is different and u may focus on the worst case scenario and that wont help.
it maybe long or short but staying focused relaxed and positve will help.
pixiemama
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 2:37 pm 
Post subject:
I am a mother of two. During my first pregnancy I was petrified, I didn't know what was going to happen and everyone had their horror stories, I actually heard more stories about bad experiences during my pregnancy than I had in my entire life. I used an alternative to drugs, I actually felt very little pain and everything went smoothly. I used maternity acupressure. I had heard of it for a long time and I got a down loadable book that explains everything, it is used during labor and delivery for pain and many other labor problems. I used what was in the book and my 7lb 14oz baby girl was in my arms without all of the scary problems I had heard before. It was one of the best days of my life. With my second pregnancy I also used what I learned at http://maternityacupressure.com/, and with the book. If you are ready for the day there is nothing to fear.
MangoMango
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:02 pm 
Post subject:
If you fear labour hire a doula. a trained birth companion, they can help a lot to relax you before and during the birth.

http://www.doula.org.uk/
Jewbell1
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:31 am 
Post subject: Re: Im am so scared!
Hi

Just to say that i was anxious & scared about giving birth.

Due to this I purchased a book on 'HypnoBirthing-The Mongan Method' & CDs to try & help me relax from 'natalhypnoterapy.co.uk' .

The last few weeks of pregnancy a massage therapist taught by the 'LK Massage Programme' came to the house to teach my partner how to massage me during the birthing process.

All of the above helped me to stay positive, feel in control. I also had the confidence that my body would perform during the birthing process. I felt sooo confident about giving birth i opted for a Homebirth! It was a wonderful experience.

If you can't purchase any of the above, just remember to believe in yourself and your bodies ability, stay focused and calm throughout. This helps your body to relax.

Remember - this is the most natural thing your body is designed to do. The calmer you are the easier your body will perform during the birth of your baby!! Very Happy

I was in labour for approx 16hours, the last few hours I used Gas & Air, along with a TENS machine, which i purchased from Lloyds Pharmacy. I needed nooo stitches and the birthing was very successful and a great experience
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  

Community

Popular