Head Banging

SexOnFire
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:44 pm 
Post subject: Head Banging
We can't stop Luke banging his head when we tell him he shouldn't do something. HV said it was because of not being able to say everything he wants, but his talking is great. It got so bad that he ending up wacking his head of the dining chair and cutting the corner of his eye and a trip to a + e.

Has anyyone else been through this and how do I resolve it?

Thanks in advance

Zoe and the headbanger
Smile
LauraAdams
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:49 pm 
Post subject:
You can buy head guard things for baby who do this to stop them hurting themselves if they bang thier heads alot, maybe one of these would help him stop getting hurt??

x

Alex87
Posted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:15 pm 
Post subject:
I agree with Laura about the head guards to stop him hurting himself but that isn't going to stop him doing it. You say its when he's told not to do something so perhaps when he does you should just move in with a pillow and ignore it? He'll soon realize that he's still not getting his way x
SexOnFire
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 4:19 am 
Post subject:
Thank you for the advice, I decided that I wanted to resolve the issue ans find out why he was doing it, the HV came to see my OH last week and asked us to keep a diary, since then he's only done it once and attempted once.

She advised us to not react when he did it, and it has worked. I always make sure that he cant do himself any damage and when he thinks about it I just look the other way or distract him. Hopefully this is then end of it.

Fingers crossed for no more self inflicted bruises.

shootingstars
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:33 pm 
Post subject:
I was going to say my little brother used to do the same thing and it was all because he was frustrated, he eventually stopped doing it at around 15-18mths, it turns out he had ADHD and was just bored, once he could do the things that he wanted to do the head banging stopped, but he is still a little bugger now and hes 18 lol
Hope thats of some help
Stars xxx

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> One Year to Five Years All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular