Going to the peak district

Luckyducky
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:24 pm 
Post subject: Going to the peak district
I want to go to the peak district for a few days in the summer and wondered where is the best place to go to? I want somewhere with nice easy walks in the hills/countryside which we could go on with Poppy as well as a nice town/village to stay in with places to visit. Anyone any ideas?

Also, anyone know of any reasonably priced hotels/b and bs that would be good to stay in with Poppy, ones with family rooms or that are family friendly?

Thanks for any help,

LD

jok33g
Posted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:33 pm 
Post subject:
Have you seen this:

http://www.visitpeakdistrict.com/trailtribe/default.aspx

You might get some ideas from that.

Jo Smile
EC1986
Posted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:00 pm 
Post subject:
I was at Uni in Buxton which is meant to be the heart of the peak district. The Uni building is quite nice, used to be the Devonshire hospital/ Duke of Devonshires stables. The whole town is mostly Georgian I think.

Theres a really nice park with big ponds with loads of ducks in, a train you can ride on, a little river people use to paddle in on hot days.

Then theres the Pavillion Gardens shopping centre which has high street stores, Next, New Look etc. And also the Cavendish Arcade which used to be a public baths and has lots of individual shops inside.

There are lots of walks to go on from Buxton I don't know how many would be practical with a pushchair, but theres a trail from where the Buxton Go Ape/ Pooles Cavern Car park is that takes you up to Solomans temple and has amazing views over the local area as its a trail should be ok if your little ones in a sling or baby carrier as its not particularly hard going takes about 30 mins to get to the top.

Its a nice place if the weathers good, particularly for a family day out to the park, nothings too far from anywhere in Buxton and theres lots of hotels but dont know what they're like.
Posted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 6:32 am 
Post subject:
Thanks for the replies. The website is fab and great to have info on Buxton, that was one of the places we were thinking of.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular