Early riser

bruce
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:37 am 
Post subject: Early riser
Hi. My baby is almost a year old. Although she is very good at settling to sleep around 7 - 7.30pm she continues to wake at 5am and will not go back to sleep. She is into the habit of waking at 5am and wants a bottle. I think that although she sleeps for 10 hours she is not ready to get up at 5 because she then becomes tired and sleepy around 7-8am and wants a nap. We have tried putting her in our bed and she will fall back to sleep most of the time around 6am but i dont want her to rely on coming in our bed.

Any advice please[/quote]
Sid
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 7:54 pm 
Post subject:
My son goes down at 7pm and sometimes wakes at 5am and he is almost a year old. (Sounds familiar!) When he does wake up I give him his bottle in his cot and he has learnt to settle again until 7am. Although this means I am still getting out of bed I can leave him with his bottle and get at least another hours rest in my own bed. Try just doing this without taking your daughter out of her cot. I appreciate this may not be easy if she is used to getting into bed with you but the extra hour or two is worth it!
emkeljan
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 3:32 pm 
Post subject:
My little girl is 20 months old, and I put her to bed at 7pm as well. But when she was around 11 months old, she also woke up at 5am. Just like you I tried everything. But as time pasted she grew out of it. She now goes to bed a 7pm and wakes at half 7am. Just remember that its not forever and it will pass.
asfletcher
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 8:54 pm 
Post subject:
both of my girls are always up at 5.30am no matter what time they go to bed the night before!
mikmik
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 9:03 pm 
Post subject:
our boy 13 month old will sleep great from 7.30 but also will wake early (around 6) but is so shatterd by 10am so we have to put him back bed for a hour. sometimes this really messes up any plans of going out to do anything before 2pm as dinner time arrive soon after he wakes, Mad bless him.
carriedoneer
Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 5:48 pm 
Post subject:
its normal for kids to wake up with sun. its kind of programmed. i try to compensate for any erratic night sleep with day naps
JADE3108
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:53 am 
Post subject:
my 18mt old son has started waking between 5&6 he goes 2 sleep between 7&8 he screams until hes brought into our bed sometimes he goes bk down but most days thats him up.i dnt want him in the bed as im due in 7wks and will hav the new baby in my room also.any suggestions?
Stitch
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:24 pm 
Post subject:
My niece and nephew, since about the age of a year, have always gone to bed at 7.30pm and woken up at 5.30am. They seem fine with it and it has never been an issue with them. However if your daughter is still tired or needs a nap within a couple of hours leave her in her cot. What we used to do to guarantee us another hour or so in bed was put some toys at the end of their cots and things that they could look at which would keep them occupied for a while. Good luck with your bubba xxx.

Linzxx
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:25 pm 
Post subject:
my little boy wakes ne time from 530 to 630....he doesnt go to bed until 10 either....hes tired again at 8, but thats just hows hes always been..once he wakes thats it he wants to get up x
PinkPrincess0981
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:39 pm 
Post subject:
If you don't already have blackout blinds, try them they worked for my son xx

Lucymama
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:42 pm 
Post subject:
Hi,

Maybe push the bedtime back a little bit and don't let her nap at 7-8am. When my daughter started waking that early I was so bad and stuck my head under the pillow!!!! She's 18months and was singing happily so I left her to it!
Now she sleeps until 7.30am.

If you don't want to rely on putting her into your bed, try not to do it again, and as long as she's not crying or very upse, I would leave her for a bit longer each morning, intol you're ready to get her.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> One Year to Five Years All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular