standing unaided at 6 months

libbysmom
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 1:10 pm 
Post subject: standing unaided at 6 months
i heard a rumour that encouraging a baby to stand before they can crawl and get themselve up to the stand position would cause bow legs and other probs with there joints, coz they still have very tender bones. is this true???
my baby loves to sit and stand but she cant get to the position unless i put her there.
Sid
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 7:44 pm 
Post subject:
I had heard the same rumour but I am afraid I am none the wiser as to if it is true. My son started crawling and standing at ten months without any assistance from me but was far from ready to do this at six months. However he has a little friend of the same age who was standing of his own accord at six months and it certainly has done him no harm. If your daughter is happy I wouldn't worry too much especially if she is not doing it all the time and is supported by you.
sazmia
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 9:14 pm 
Post subject:
my son is almost five months and all he wants to do is stand on my knee of on the floor with me supporting him and people have been saying the same to me, my mother warned me that its an old wives tail and not to listen to them... i myself walked at seven months(never crawled) and my legs are normal!!
AskBaby8795
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 10:48 pm 
Post subject:
Hi, my 8mth old started pushing herself up into a standing postion when she was 4mths old which I let her do. I asked my health visitor soon after if it was ok for her to do this because of the bowed leg thing and she said that it was purfectly fine for her to do it, but only if she's doing it by herself, if she wants to and when she is ready, it's there way of strengthening there muscles to get ready for walking . The problems come when you try and make them stand.
E.Nutkins
eddiesmum
Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:12 pm 
Post subject:
it is def an old wives tale that one. it is good for them and builds up muscle strength for when they eventually walk.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Six Months to One Year All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular