wisdom teeth

MichellenEvan
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:13 am 
Post subject: wisdom teeth
my wisdom teeth have been growing in for ages now waitin to have them taken out but the last couple of days my gums have been agony i couldnt even sleep last night cos it was so sore my face even looks swollen today have been puttin bongella on and taken paracetomal but pain gettin worse instead of better
anyone any advice?
i been on waitin list for months to have them out but apparently waitin list is like 35wks long!!!!!!!!!!!

pls help cos its killing me

xxx
Posted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:57 am 
Post subject:
it sounds like you have an infection hon, you need to see a dentist and get snti biotics to clear it up. I had this when I was 21, I was on the waiting list for a year and had an infections on more than one occasion, and the only way to clear it is with anti biotics. I did eventually have them taken out and haven't had any problems since.

Please don't leave it though because a friend ignorered the pain and swelling and ended up with an absess that got so bad it litterally burts out of the side of her face Crying or Very sad it was the worst thing I've ever seen in my life she had to have it lanced and squeeze the goo out every day (sorry for tmi) not nice and really avoidable!

Good luck hun xxx

MichellenEvan
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 12:00 pm 
Post subject:
thanks jolene ill give dentist a call 2moro
my oh keeps tellin me my face is not swollen and im imagining it but im sure it is and either way im still in agony
i feel so sorry for babies lol!!! i now know how bad teethin is

xx
Posted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:01 pm 
Post subject:
Hiya you poor thing! for the last few weeks my top left wisdom tooth has been trying to grow through and i had to go see my dentist as both my parents had to have theirs removed so was a bit worried plus i couldn't sleep at all. when i saw the dentist she said there was loads of room for them (haha not suprising as i have a big mouth Very Happy) but she thinks i had an infection inside the gum as it hadn't broken the gum yet, and to to amoxycillin. i was gonna take these anitbiotics she prescribed but didn't as i don't want to harm bubz but its come through now and it doesn't hurt as much anymore. I hope they hurry up and get them out for you because its agony! No idea how i'm gonna handle birth if i can't even take a little tooth!

Hope everything goes ok!

Amy xx
MichellenEvan
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:39 pm 
Post subject:
thanks amy
well i phoned dental hosp this morning who told me they never recieved referral to have them out so phoned my own dentist who said i was seen in oct and they dont know y referral never got sent out as it said it was to be done so i gotta go down later this afternoon so dentist can have a look
i had xrays in oct and they said there was plenty space for them but dentist recommended i get them out anyway as one was causing alot of pain, its the same one that im gettin pain with jst now and its not any further thru than it was 9 months ago so i dont think there is space!! so will wait n c wot he says when i go down today but im not waitin another 35wks on gettin them out!! grrr

at least at the end of labour u will have ur gorgeous little baby so that will keep u goin thru the pain, but i keep thinkin to i cant handle pain so why do i think i can handle labour lol

thanks for ur reply xx
Posted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:46 pm 
Post subject:
You are going to see dentist then Ml I hope you get some answers and sorted soon. Pupx
MichellenEvan
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:52 pm 
Post subject:
thanks pup hopefuly he will sort sumit out for me

x
Posted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:59 pm 
Post subject:
oh no thats so frustrating, I hope you get it sorted hun!! It's maybe a blessing in disguise this has happened or you could have been waiting months before you relaise you weren't even on the list!

Good luck hon xx

yummymummy2008
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 5:40 pm 
Post subject:
owww Sad
DOBSON
Posted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:59 pm 
Post subject:
Top tip................
Waetr as warm as you can bear with salt-swill this around your mouth several times.This helps me and I struggle lots with wisdom on right hand side as im very overcrowded. I also lay a warmish hot water bottle on my pillow-cover with a tea towel or similar and try and sleep on it that way-night time is worse-you feel like your face will explode.
I do sympathise tho babe.

Keep on with the water and salt -it also keeps it nice and clean.Paracetamol and warm water bottle-thats all advice I can give,but it works for me.

Lots of love
xxx
Posted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:12 am 
Post subject:
thanks dobson im def gonna try the hot water and salt thing dentist mentioned doin that aswell,
as soon as he looked at me he jst said i needed to have it out and he wud refer me again but i told him i wasnt prepared to wait another 33wks so he is gonna try fast track it
he gave me tabs to said it was for the swelling but i actually think there may be an infection and he jst didnt want to say cos he knows he forgot to send off last referral and if he had sent it off it wud have been sorted by now lol
anyway the antibiotics r helping a little they take away the pain for a wee bit so shud be better in a couple of days!!
thanks ladies xx
Posted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:25 am 
Post subject:
your welcome m1223!

I just hope you get it sorted soon and that the dentist trip went ok! I'm sure every1 as the same fears as us and its ages away yet anyway so i guess worrying about the birth just yet is a bit silly! lol Thats what my bf says anyway!

xxx
joshlibmum
Posted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:21 pm 
Post subject:
Ive got 4 wisdom teeth aswell my denist said theres no need to remove them because I have space (must have a big mouth aswell know people who will agree with that)but I get swollen gums too dentist told me the salt water thing too anyway ml have you tried clove oil it stinks and taste disgusting but it works it numbs your gum much stronger than bongella and when your in so much pain its worth it you can get it from any chemist
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular