PinkPrincess0981
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:16 am 
Post subject: Pre school!
Hi everyone
Please can anyone offer me any advice?
I have a gorgeous little boy who will be 4 in october, he started pre school in september last year and I have never had a problem leaving him, not even on the first day, however today has been a different story, he was absoloutely hysterical and would not let go of me and was insisting he was coming home with me, I left him cuddling one of the teachers and have since spoke to the them and thay say he has settled, I left there an absolute wreck, it feels so wrong to leave them there when they are crying.
Any tips to help would be brilliant
Thanks xx

MummaT
Posted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:34 am 
Post subject:
That must of been really hard for you. I don't know what to sugest, but I would of thought that if you start to make a big deal out of it then it wouldn't help your son much. Maybe he was just feeling a little tired or unwell. I sure if he's enjoyed it before he will again. Good luck though as I sure its not a nice feeling to have to leave him like that.

PinkPrincess0981
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:36 am 
Post subject:
Thanks hun, best of luck with your pregnancy, is it your 1st?
Pink xx

LauraAdams
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:39 am 
Post subject:
My friend's daughter was like that. It was hard but she kept taking her daughter to school and leaving her with teh teacher. Eventualy she stopped crying and settled into school, I think it was probably just an attention thing. I know its hard but you just have to keep on taking him and not making too much of a big deal of it.

x

PinkPrincess0981
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:42 am 
Post subject:
Hi Laura, how are you?
It was so awful, but I aggree with what you are saying, I wanted to take him home with me so much but I know that would make it 10 times worse next time xx

LauraAdams
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:47 am 
Post subject:
Im good, just the usual pregnacy aches and pains but pretty good today even if I am being amde to watch Dora the explorer on loop!

If you take him home he realised that if he cries you'll take him home so he'll keep doing it. So best just to treat him like normal. Ill be a nervous wreck when I have to take my kids to pre-school, god help me if they start to cry, id just want to cuddle them and take them back home =]

PinkPrincess0981
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:54 am 
Post subject:
I can't wait to pick him up, I am leaving in half an hour.
my little one is quite shy bless him. I bet your little ones will be fine because they will have each other, you'll be the one doing all the stressing Smile
xx

LauraAdams
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:57 am 
Post subject:
I will be. Ill be a sobbing mess probably! Its been nice spending all of my time with them. Ive been with them most of teh time since they wer born (only actually been at work for about 5 months since they were born). Going to be at home with them for at least another year and a bit so ill be terrible!

PinkPrincess0981
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:59 am 
Post subject:
I think thats my problem, I've been a full time mum for nearly 4 years and he's defo a mummys boy, I am not complaining though because I get the best hugs Very Happy

LauraAdams
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:03 am 
Post subject:
Ill go back to work eventually I think. We just in the process of moving so have quit my last job. I have been offered the job of a teacher who is retiring in 2 years near when im moving too at a girls grammer school but not sure if im going to take it - we are thinking of having one more baby pretty soon after the twins are born. So will probably end up not going back for like 3 years at that rate.

I love being a mum - spent so long trying. Plus Ive got work as a private tutor which pays pretty well so who knows it may be like 5 years b/4 I go back to teaching!

x

PinkPrincess0981
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:06 am 
Post subject:
It is all happening for you hun, are you moving far? xx

LauraAdams
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:07 am 
Post subject:
From London to manchester. The DH is up there now sorting the new house out with my parents so I dnt have to and get all stressed!

How about you? How the TTC going?

x

PinkPrincess0981
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:11 am 
Post subject:
Thats a fair distance, I am not far from Manchester (I live in warrington).
I'm having fun ttc, this is only my 2nd month and my LO took nearly 12 months so I am trying no to stress to much (easier said than done) xx

LauraAdams
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:13 am 
Post subject:
I know but its for the living costs and im a northern gal at heart!

Glad your having fun with your TTC, its far too easy to get really stressed! It really annoyed me to no end that I spends thousands and 13 years trying to get pregnant and the minuet I stop and stop stressing I get pregnant!

x

PinkPrincess0981
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:17 am 
Post subject:
Our bodies certainly have a mind of their own Very Happy
I'm off to get ready to pick my LO up now thanks for the chat, it has calmed me down loads. Take care and put those feet up, may catch you later xx

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

Community

Popular