Organic or normal baby food????

LauraAdams
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:55 pm 
Post subject: Organic or normal baby food????
Which is better? I notice that organic is alot more expensive but not sure if it would just end up being n expensive waste of money and not actually any better for the twins.

My sis in law only feeds her baby organic and says I should too but not sure

Any thoughts?

x

slummymummy
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:45 pm 
Post subject:
Do you mean the ready made stuff or organic vegies to do it yourself?

I'm going to attempt to make my own to save money - i'm sure i'll give in to the jars though once baby is here!!

LauraAdams
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:46 pm 
Post subject:
you cn get organic ready made and normal ready made- nt sure wt the difference is =s

Huntermac
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:49 pm 
Post subject:
Hi LauraA, I really think its each to their own. I try as often as I can to wash my veg at home as best i can (that gets rid of any pesticide residue) and cook them up for him. I know there are no preservatives or anything else added so gota be good for him!!!! To my way of thinking, there has to have been added things to organic food to or it would last sitting on the supermarket shelf Confused !! There is always someone who will think we should do things a different way though..........!!
Posted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:50 pm 
Post subject:
I might give cooking my own a go now im at home all day - im sure it cnt be that hard, she says hopefully =s

joshlibmum
Posted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:50 pm 
Post subject:
I do tend to sway more to organic baby food I find it can be just as cheap I look for offers boots do there own brand of organic food too my daughter has a cows milk allergy and I found HIPP organic offer more choice for me but that's just my preference
slummymummy
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:54 pm 
Post subject:
I agree Huntermac - it seems like a bit of a contradiction to have organic ready made, when they must have stuff in them to stop them going off?? I'm no expert on the subject though!

It's my first year of having an allotment (sad i know, don't really care though!) so i have a bit of veggie overload!! I could send everyone out weekly boxes of veg!

We would all have had non organic though i guess, and we're all fine (ish!!!).

x

LauraAdams
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:58 pm 
Post subject:
does anyone know where I cn get good recipies for hme mde baby food? It cn be my bew project!

joshlibmum
Posted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:00 pm 
Post subject:
I cook my own aswell (jars or handy when out and about or short on time) I just get stuck on varying things tend to stick to the same meat and veggies or different fruits for pudding Ive got a babycook which is great its best to do big batches and then freeze some
Huntermac
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:00 pm 
Post subject:
An allotment?!! COOL!!!! Ive only seen those on a Brit Comedy I love to bits, The Good Life, I think they are a great idea since I assume alot of your homes dont have room for gardens. Will save you heaps in the long run though!!!! I'll take some of your veg!! Nothing like home grown vegies Very Happy
Posted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:04 pm 
Post subject:
The good life? Lol i rememeber that show!

No you cnt beat em =]

OOOO0
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Post subject:
Hi laura Ive always done my own and even cooked for my goddaughter. My friend sent me the pots weekly and I filled them with puree veggies etc. I would always go for own if you can. We too have started growing own but its hard when you may not have time. I would go for organic vegggies etc at shop and have cook ups. Annabel Karmel books are great for baby and toddler recipies. maybe try them. Pupx
slummymummy
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Post subject:
Ha ha ha, yeah i'm always there in my wellies! It's quite nice and sociable really - everyone panders to the big fat pregnant lady too! Fab! It only costs 10 a year to have - bargain! I do have a nice garden - but that's for sunbathing and flowers!

Erm, i just planned on boiling veg and blending it!! I do probably need to be more organised and look for recipies!

You can get these things like ice cube trays, but a bit bigger to freeze portions into. I'm gonna get some of those.

x

LauraAdams
Guru Member
Guru Member
Post subject:
Il look them up tomorrow, itll give me something to do when im stuck at home =]

hoping4
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:16 pm 
Post subject:
i always had a big cook up once a week and then put it in the freezer all portioned that worked well!!!!!!!
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

Community

Popular