anyone going for or had icsi? please help

sheila11
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:06 pm 
Post subject: anyone going for or had icsi? please help
hi all i'm new here, just found out last week that we have to go for icsi. My husband's sperm is apparently not swimming! Crying or Very sad the waiting list is at least 3yrs long on the nhs, we're going to pay for it as 3yrs is to long. Does anyone know the full cost of the treatment and how long it would take to start? we have another appointment at the clinic on the 28th of july. We were'nt expecting this at all as this was our 1st appointment at the clinic. Please help Exclamation Exclamation

xx
Posted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:53 am 
Post subject:
Hey Sheila,

there is a lady on the ivf/icsi/iui thread called Lilla they are having icsi on self fund pop over and have a chat with ...she is very nice

x x x

Xavier lifes pure joy
Minxymoo
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:35 pm 
Post subject:
Hey we are waiting for ICIS but will be seen in Sept as our local private hospital has just taken on a NHS contract. Been waiting at another hospital since Jan08.

We were going to self fund and they told us it would be about 3.5k - ouch!

Good luck
Posted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:10 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Minxymoo, I am having ICSI with surgical sperm recovery as my oH has zero sperm in his ejaculate Embarassed The total cost of my cycle was 5009 BUT that included the SSR so for a normal cycle without SSr The cost would have been 4509.

You can look at egg share if you are 35 years or under and have a BMI of 30 or below, each clinic has slightly different criteria but it would usually get you a free cycle of IVF for donating half your eggs to another couple, you have to pay for the ICSI bit and your drugs, we were quoted 1000 - 1500 for this.

The cost of ICSI does vary from clinic to clinic, we were able to get in within 6 weeks from the time of referral and started our cycle after my next period, so within a couple of weeks we were doing our cycle.

You may find your GP willing to fund your drugs, this can literally save hundreds of pounds, so you must ask before coughing up. You can also ask your clinic for a prescription for the drugs you need, the pharmacies that supply your clinic may also have a licence to supply you direct and don't have to charge you vat, nor will you be paying the clinics cut, you can literally cut the drugs bill in half. Nearer the time PM me if you need more info.

Check out the links below, I found them really useful.

http://www.hfea.gov.uk/ - great for checking clinics in a certail radius of where you live and what their success rates are also which clinics do egg share and icsi.

http://www.infertilitynetworkuk.com/ - can also give you info re NHS funding and fertility treatments in general.

Good luck hun and come and join us in the ICSI / IVF / IUI thread Very Happy Very Happy It is fab to have the support of so many ladies going through the same thing xx
October 2010 2nd ICSI, short protocol BFN
trying to raise funds for round 3, hoping to cycle august 2011
sheila11
Posted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:37 pm 
Post subject:
thank you so much you have been a great help. xxxxx Smile Smile
Posted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:10 pm 
Post subject:
Hello Sheila, We are also going for ICSI and have a clinic appointment on 28th July! I found that most of the websites have their price lists on and vary alot. We were all set to be referred to one clinic which would have worked out to be around 7000 then I spotted another with the same sucess rates that will be more like around 5000.
Good luck.
Posted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:24 pm 
Post subject: starting icsi
Hi my husband and i are going to be starting icsi very soon. i have lost 4 stone to start treatment and now way under weight guidence target to start so thats a plus.!!! we have had the sperm collection part done and have recieved a letter to get some test carried out @ my GP berfore we attend the hospital in sept. can anyone help me as to how soon the treatment will start after i visit my consultant in sept!
fc79
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:01 pm 
Post subject:
Hello Minni, I think you can start once all the blood tests have been done. My clinic do a day 19 set up appointment and you start on day 21, so it depends on where you are in your cycle I suppose.
Good luck.
Posted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:13 pm 
Post subject:
aw thankyou is a lot to take in this treatment!!! but im sure it will be all worth it in the end.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> IVF & Sterilisation Reversal All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular