IVF and Work

Minxymoo
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:31 pm 
Post subject: IVF and Work
I just want to have a moan.

A colleague of mine asked me today where I am in the IVF process. And whilst I told her we are waiting to see if the clomid works this time around but IVF will start in Sept she picked up the phone and started to send a text!!!!! If you're not interested don't ask its not easy to talk about gggrrrrrrrrr.

Does anyone else have to suffer these people?

Beautiful and sunny here today Cool
Posted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:54 pm 
Post subject:
I know what you mean. People that have not been through it dont understand nomatter what they say. you will find friends that do when you start treatment is funny im closser to them now more than friends i have had for years x x
bikini
Posted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:27 am 
Post subject:
i know exactly. im getting so tired of people keep saying to me ' if you dont think about it it will just happen '

x
lillia
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:42 am 
Post subject:
I know just what you mean, even people who i am really close to have been quite insensitive, perhaps it's also me being too sensitive. We chose not to tell anyone except one couple who have been through a long journey to concieve so we have both been able to support eachother. No one else knows we decided to try ICSI, they all think we can't have any more children.

Good thing is we all have eachother Very Happy Laughing
October 2010 2nd ICSI, short protocol BFN
trying to raise funds for round 3, hoping to cycle august 2011
sharon34
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:37 pm 
Post subject:
Hey hun

people are strange i was lucky my boss was cool about it ......he asked all the right questions etc...... and had our interests at heart ......he found the whole thing exciting ......if id have an appt at clinic he say come tell me what they have said and then read any info he could on it on net ......and my OH's boss was fab with him too we had no probs but we both work for small comanies that are quite family based

good luck

x x x

Xavier lifes pure joy
Minxymoo
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 8:03 pm 
Post subject:
Funny thing is I do work for quite a small company. It amazes me how great they are with the people who are pregnant as well as the dads.
One classic line was on a day they were making loads of fuss over a much younger mum2b I got up to walk out and a so called friend said ' oh dont be like that we'll make as much fuss when its your turn' in answer I just told her actually it's too painful to listen to and while I have a choice I'm going to go somewhere I can't hear.
She really missed the point and has never asked how things are going for me since although has told someone else in the office I'm ignoring her.

Sorry I really am a little wound up aren't I Sad

Jump to:  

Community

Popular