makeing up bottles

bigfella
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:15 pm 
Post subject: makeing up bottles
hi im a single dad and i have a month old son the helth vistor says i should make the bottles as there needed which i find hard at some times my mam used to make 4 or 5 up and waited till they cooled and put them in the fridge is it still ok to prep feeds like that and how long do the bottles last 12 hours ect befor they are no longer useable thanks for your time too read thisx Question
HannahM
AskBaby Team
AskBaby Team
Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 12:43 pm 
Post subject:
Hiya,

You should really make bottles fresh for your son as formula milk isn't sterile and so once made into a solution with water could potentially cause bacteria to develop.
It is tricky to make up fresh bottles every feed but the best thing to do is to keep a (sterile) thermos flask of pre-boiled water to hand so that you can mix this with the forumla at feeding time.

How are you finding being a dad?

Han x
lindyloo
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:21 pm 
Post subject: making up bottles
i make up 8 bottles in the morning and do what your mom used to do cool them down and put them in the fridge - my daughter is 5 months I have been doing this since birth she is very healthy and happy no problem at all - dont listen to everything you are told - I bet your doing a great job - p.s i dont leave them in the fridge for more than 24 hours chuck them and start again - just spoke to my freind who has 3 children and she has done the above with all of them . no problem hope this helps x
Tamtam
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 7:21 pm 
Post subject: hi
hiya, i store my bottles, its just people being paranoid, i dont no anyone that makes the bottles as they go!

gd luck

xx
Hugs
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:36 pm 
Post subject:
I breast feed and use up to two bottles a day. I also store bottles of cooled boiled water in fridge for up to 24hrs. Never had any problems. In fact baby has never been ill apart from headache after immunization of Men C (2nd jab).
KaylaEmsley
Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 12:16 am 
Post subject:
hiya my daughter is three months old and ive never seen a problem with pre-making bottle i always make my bottle last thing at night if i havent got one for the morning on in the morning if i have enough to last me

to be honest if you make a bottle every fed are you prepared to wait for the kettle to cool down for half an hour while your babies screaming for food i wouldnt be its alot easier to put bottle in the warmer then change babys bum then bottle normally to right temp so dont have to wait

works for me!!!!!!!! Very Happy
puss2
Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 8:09 pm 
Post subject:
my son is a month old and i store all his bottles in the fridge and throw any left over after 24 hours. don`t listen to what people say about sterileness, its just statistical [*@!#%*]. do what your instinct tells you. if everything in the world was sterile, we wouldn`t have immune systems! by the way, its nice to see a dad at home with his baby nowadays, well done you Wink
tracyd
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:49 pm 
Post subject:
you need to cool them quickly i do it in the sink in cold water then store them in the fridge. or i pour vthe boiled water into all the bottles and store them at room temp then add the powder when needed and warm them a little
umi
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:43 am 
Post subject:
Frankly, I still believe you should not store your bottles. Why dont you prepare the bottle fresh every feeding. Just get the cooled boiled water & milk powder ready near you & prepare the milk upon request. The milk will be fresh for the baby . I have 4 kids & I have never pre-prepared my bottles. Infact, I enjoyed prepare fresh bottle for every feeding.
Laughing
Cublet
Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:27 pm 
Post subject:
Hi there. My daughter is 9 months old, and I've often prepared bottles in advance for her....and there's never been any problems.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Feeding and Weaning All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular