Teats

Annika
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:32 pm 
Post subject: Teats
Hi

When is it time to change the flow of teats? I have been using slow flow and am not sure when to move on.....
RWneedssleep
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:47 pm 
Post subject:
hi,

let baby lead - if it seems like he/she is sucking or taking in too much air/has more wind than usual then change teats, don't be afraid to change back if the extra flow doesn't work for baby, I did with Avent teats as my four month old could not cope with the flow which was too fast.

Good luck
PetraLou
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:09 am 
Post subject:
Annika, my girl is 3 months and ive just moved onto 3 hole teats, she has taken to them well, but she only started having bottles a couple of weeks ago, i was breastfeedin
Bunt
Posted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:01 pm 
Post subject:
HI I just registered today. Im glad as theres lots of info on here. Im officially due in 11 days just waiting for a sign or awful pain.
I was just concerened as My sister in law gave me about 10 doctor browns bottles ifor new baby in good condition, so i thought great it will help keep costs down. I put water in one to see how difficult it would be for baby to get milk out, i was amazed at how hard you have to suck on the teats and you only get little drops. A new baby wouldnt have any hope of sucking hard enough to get a good drop of milk. I was amazed and wonder how they could be any use for any baby ?? I see you can get no 2 teats in supermarkets for advent bottles but not for dr browns, maybe the advents will fit the dr browns bottles hmm, maybe i should just make holes or get new ones.
tinajane
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 4:06 pm 
Post subject:
hi i use doctor browns,
trust me ur baby will b able to suck out of the teats, if you go straight on to stage 2 they will b to fast and she may cough and choke on them,
my daughter is 4 months and put her in the stage 2 teats when she was about 6 weeks old,
you can buy them for 2 for 2 in asdas,
cheers tina x

Bunt
Posted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 4:40 pm 
Post subject:
Smile Thanks Tina, I was hoping to get some advice from someone who has used doctor browns bottles. Thats great now I was worried about changing teats but now I will carry on with these for awhile and move to number 2 teat later as im sure baba will soon want to change as i just tested again, its so hard to get much liquid out and im sucking hard. Hope ur days going well.... Kathy
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular