Not showing!

Linz88
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 4:09 pm 
Post subject: Not showing!
I'm 24 and this is my first baby, I am 12 weeks tomorrow, I have had my scan. I know that it varies from women to women, but I don't think I am showing at all. I am only 8 and half stone, and about 5ft4, when do people usually start showing?
ang111
Posted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 7:08 am 
Post subject: Showing
Hiya

It really depends. Because you are only little the baby wont show yet but will do definately in the next few weeks and you will not fit into your clothes! Enjoy it while you still can....
Angx
Linz88
Posted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:32 am 
Post subject:
Thank you. x
katnrah
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:09 am 
Post subject:
i agree, enjoy it while you can!!!!
the day of conception for me instantly creates extra around my girth!!!

you are still young too, i wouldn't let it worry you!
mcflurry
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 4:14 pm 
Post subject:
AT 12WEKS I HAD A VERY SMALL BUMP JUST LOOKED LIKE I WAS ON MY PERIOD AS MY TUMMY BLOATS BUT IT SEEMED TO GO FROM TINY ONE MINUTE TO HUGE THE NEXT NOW I HAVE STRETCHING PAINS CAUSE ITS HEAVY AND MY BACK ACHES AND SO DO MY RIBS ALSO I HAVE HARDLY ANY CLOTHES ANYMORE BUT THE WEIGHT IS ALL JUST ALL ON MY TUMMY SO I HAVE SKINNY LEGS AND THIS BIG TUMMY THAT MY PANTS REFUSE TO CLOSE ON SO I CANT WEAR MATERNITY PANTS AS IT MAKES ME LOOK LIKE IM WEARING A NAPPY AND HAVE TO SEARCH THE SHOPS FOR REALLY LOW RISE JEANS TO FIT MY LEGS AND TUMMY ALSO TOPS BECOME A NIGHTMARE AS THEY LIKE TO RISE ABOVE YOUR BUMP TO SHOW IT OFF AND IT GETS TERRIBLY COLD AND ANNOYING SO LIKE EVERYONE ELSE SAYS ENJOY IT WHILST YOU CAN CAUSE WHEN THE BELLYS THERE ITS THERE FOR A WHILE AND YOU GET FED UP OF LOOKING 'FAT' EVEN THOUGH YOUR JUST PREGNANT UR MIND INTERPRETS IT INTO BEING JUST FAT AND FRUMPY OH THE JOYS Very Happy HEHE GOOD LUCK HUN XX
Charlplusbabies
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 8:51 am 
Post subject:
hi linz.
congratualtions on your pregnancy!!!

the reason why your not showing is because before pregnancy your uterus rests behind your pubic bone. this is the boney bit you can feel in between your hips.
as you baby grows, your uterus grows to give it enough room and as it grows you will be able to feel the top of it grow from behind your pubic bone and up towards your chest - this is what gives you your 'baby bump'
now, because your only 12 weeks. the top of your uterus will only be just in line with the tip of your pubic bone. you wont start to feel it above the bone until your about 15 weeks. and this is absolutely normal.
every woman is different. our bodys have all the same parts but we all grow in different ways.
when you go to your midwife he/she will check the height of your uterus as a way of making sure babys got enough room and that your body is progressin well.

everything is very normal. believe me when your 40 weeks and you feel like someones stuck a sack of potatoes on to your abdomen you wont want a bump Laughing Laughing

hope this helps

charl xxx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular