baby only sleeps in my arms

survivorofcolic
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:42 pm 
Post subject: baby only sleeps in my arms
I survived colic with my daughter with the help of a good chiropractor. Now, because we walked her around to soothe and calm her for 3 months she will wake up immediately when we put her in her crib. Any suggestions?
BellaMai
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:07 pm 
Post subject:
Hiya
I'm glad that you've got your daughters colic sorted - must make life a lot easier for both of you.
I read that if you put a baby down in their crib when they're really drowsy but not properly asleep and then stay to comfort them while they drop off they're more likely to settle. It might take a couple of goes but its definately worth a try.
Emails
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:33 am 
Post subject:
Hi there,
I also rocked my baby to sleep for the first 4 months before my back and sanity couldn't take it anymore! I sought some help and everything has been going really well. The advice given to me was to wrap baby nice and tight, put on a lullaby CD, put baby on their side in their cot whilst you hold them on their side, pat them, sing etc. Face the baby away from you. Eventually your baby will fall asleep but it may take anywhere from 5 minutes to 30 minutes of crying. But stick with it because I assure you it works. Once baby is asleep, gently roll them on their back. You must do it consistently though for it to work. The first time it took 5 minutes and the second time 30 seconds! Eventually (about 2 weeks), you will be able to put them on their side and leave the room and return 5 minutes later to roll over and tuck in. I use the peanut cushions to keep her from rolling during the day (she sleeps better on her side during the day) and rolled up nappies for night time which I can remove to roll her back.

Good luck!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Your Newborn Baby All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular