Woohoo! Clinic appointment booked!!

fc79
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:54 am 
Post subject: Woohoo! Clinic appointment booked!!
Hello, I've never been happier about agreeing to pay out 300!

I've just booked our initial consultation plus SA with a private hospital-Wessex fertility in Southampton. They are so much cheaper for the treatment than our local hospital which is a Nuffield. Its costing 305 for the consultation including a trans vaginal ultra sound (whatever that is?!) and a detailed SA. Is that about right? The appointment is on 28th July so not long to wait. They could have fitted us in next week but I wouldnt have been able to get the time off work. Im so excited now things are finally happening for us!!
Posted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:10 am 
Post subject:
Hey HUn thats fab news ......

my 1st appt cost 320 with care fertility and inc scan,bloods semen tests both full sti screening and appt with dr to start ivf .....

best of luck hun .......

x x x

Xavier lifes pure joy
Gailly
Posted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:15 am 
Post subject:
That's great news and not long to wait. Good luck!

Gailly xxx

lillia
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:27 pm 
Post subject:
Hey thats fab news Very Happy

The scan is where they insert a wand type thing kinda the size of a medium carrot into you, to scan your ovaries, check for cycts etc, even though there are no problems with your fertility they need to check if you did proceed to fertility treatment that they can get easy access to your ovaries and that all is well. Its not uncomfortable and quite interesting and if necessary can be done on any day of your cycle. At my 1st appointment we were asked when we wanted to start, most private clinics start you straight away Very Happy

If you have had your bloods done recently (within 3 months) take the results with you, most clinics will need day 3 fsh / LH and day 21 progesterone as well as HIV & Hep for both of you before you begin treatment, clinics charge for these and your gp may not, they will need the results to help decide your drug levels.

Keep us posted! Good luck
October 2010 2nd ICSI, short protocol BFN
trying to raise funds for round 3, hoping to cycle august 2011
fc79
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:37 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks, I cant believe how excited I am! I really hope he doesnt have to have SSR as that will make it alot cheaper. He works for Novartis and is going to speak to his boss to see if he can get a discount on the drugs, I've already spoken to my GP who said she will do the necessary blood tests.
How long roughly does the process take from when you start to egg collection?
Posted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:45 pm 
Post subject:
Hi hun,

Your treatment length will depend on if your consultant puts you on short or long protocol, some clinics will favour one over the other, I have done long protocol and had to down regulate (switch off) cycle for 31/2 weeks, then stimulate my ovaries to produce eggs for 13 days then egg collection and shortly embryo transfer. I started at the very end of may so about 6 weeks in all, short protocol is more like 4 weeks.

Long protocol starts on CD21 and short around CD 1-3 (i think)
lillia
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:46 pm 
Post subject:
You could be starting TX within a couple of weeks of your appt!! Very Happy
fc79
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:49 pm 
Post subject:
Wow, 6 weeks! I was thinking more like double that at least! If things went right I could still be in with a slight chance of being pregnant by my 30th birthday in October!!
Posted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:17 pm 
Post subject:
Hey Hun,

i was on the long protocol with care and mine took three and a half weeks from down reg to egg collection .....i dont know why some other clinics ask you to down reg for longer but it can be done in 10-14 days if done correctly .......its good to have all these questions to ask when you go as the longer you down reg for the more costs your drugs will be and the longer it takes .......

id ask about the level of stimms you will be taking too one lady on here was on a lot and it was touch and go for her close to egg collection (turned out well in the end) honest hun get all the ladies on the ivf thread to give you as many questions as possible to ask ....

good luck chick

x x x

Xavier lifes pure joy
fc79
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:20 pm 
Post subject:
Thank you, I'll write all these questions down as my mind always goes blank when Im talking to doctors!
Posted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:29 pm 
Post subject:
Have a look at this it explains the short / long protocols very well Very Happy

http://www.fertilityzone.co.uk/thread.php?threadid=9237
bikini
Posted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:59 am 
Post subject:
fc79,

i will be with you to very soon!! im excited to! just waiting to hear from the clinic. i get a choic of 5 clinics to choose from. i think im going to go to bourn hall in cambridge. dont ask me why i just like the website and the pictures (not a very good reason i know). i just have a feeling.

lets hope we can have our own babies to look after instead of everybody elses!! (we are nannies to everyone else).

good luck hun xx
fc79
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:01 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks Bikini, I replied on your other thread. Its good news its finally happening for you too. I feel such relief and like I've finally got a bit of control over all this. Your very lucky you get 3 free goes! Our stupid PCT only fund women aged 36-39 and as Im only 29 we have to pay.

Good luck, do you know when you'll be starting? We can be IVF buddies!!
Posted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:16 pm 
Post subject:
hi ivf buddy!

consultant said i will hear within the month and will start a month later so could be in 8 weeks!. i will be behind you so i will keep an eye on how you are doing.

check though make sure youre not entitled to more. i did and from may 1st it went from 1 free go to 3! cant believe it!. NICE are making changes. i have posted a link under the title 'ivf changes'.

xxx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> IVF & Sterilisation Reversal All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular