For those trying to stop smoking

Sapph
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:16 am 
Post subject: For those trying to stop smoking
Hi,

I've just posted about this on another thread, but I thought maybe it was worth starting a thread of its own.

I quit smoking five years ago by going to an Allan Carr clinic. I'd read his book a few times, but it hadn't worked, so I decided to try the clinic instead.

It cost 175. I think it's now gone up to 225. BUt anyway, it was, without doubt, the best money I have ever spent. I don't know how it works, but you go there for most of the day, you're in a group of about 16, you talk a lot about smoking and when you leave five hours later, you no longer want to smoke. At all. It is easy.

I haven't smoked now since going to that clinic. I know lots of other people who've succeeded this way, and I can't recommend it highly enough.

If you Google 'Allan Carr's Easy Way' you will find teh site and all the information will be on there.
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:22 pm 
Post subject:
I heard it works really well xx
Posted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:34 pm 
Post subject:
The Alan Carr book worked for me - I couldn't believe that just reading a book would make me stop but it did - got it for 1.99 at poundstretcher. I was bad too - once gave up and got hooker on nicorettes for 3 years then started again smoking (and inhaling) cigars - I know - disgusting!
Posted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:01 am 
Post subject:
I'm going to buy that book right now!!

thanks! Very Happy
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:33 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Ladies Very Happy .
I've been thinking about giving up smoking for a while now but just haven't got round to it Embarassed .I gave up drinking alcohol just over 3 years ago & now i'm ready to stop smoking Very Happy . I know it's going to be really hard but i'm pretty sure i've got the willpower & after ttc for 2 years i'm hoping it'll help me conceive Wink .
I've ordered the Alan Carr book & i'm going to give it a go. Laughing
Wish me luck & any tips would be gratefully appreciated.Thank you .
Take care Very Happy
xxxxx
shellie30
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:32 am 
Post subject:
HI Ladies Very Happy .
Well my allen carr "easy way to stop smoking " book arrived yesterday Very Happy & i've got a feeling that it'll work for me Wink
FX & anyone else trying to give up,come & join me on this thread & we can give each other support Very Happy
Take care Wink
xxxxxx
emmajaneb
Posted: Wed May 26, 2010 8:50 am 
Post subject:
Hi Shellie
Im also trying to give up so Im in
Im seeing one of the mws who help and support u in giving up on tues
I find it so hard as everyone i know is a smoker and apart from OH noone knows im pregnant yet waiting till next friday to tell family then i start with friends and guess i should tell the boss to lol
Em x
sally1977
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:52 pm 
Post subject:
I know you can't do this if your already preg but this is how i did it.
Because I was trying i wanted to stop smoking. Mothers day 2009 i had my last ciggie and went on the gum. I mixed half a stop smoking gum with half normal gum, makes it taste much nicer. I was on it 4 days. The beginning of april I did the test and was pregnant. I didn't smoke the whole pregnancy and it didn't botherb me after she was born until my first night out. This was in January this year and I had one from a friend and took one drag and was nearly sick. I haven't had another one yet. I'll never forget that taste!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Breaking the habit All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular