Newly pregnant. Need to chat to people!

Luckyducky
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 3:16 pm 
Post subject: Newly pregnant. Need to chat to people!
Hi everyone,

I'm new to all this and have just found out I'm 5 weeks pregnant. My husband and I are really excited but also so scared that something will go wrong, especially as my sister has had some problems. Don't want to 'tempt fate' by telling our friends and family yet but feeling very alone, and in need of advice and some comparing of notes with others. Anyone else feeling the same? Also not sure when to tell work, as am going to have to start going for appointments but have a very indiscrete boss who has already let slip someone else's pregnancy and don;t want the same thing to happen to me!

Any advice?

Very Happy
HannahM
AskBaby Team
AskBaby Team
Posted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 3:38 pm 
Post subject:
Hiya,

Welcome to the Askbaby forum and congratulations on your pregnancy - how exciting for you!

I'm sure everything will be fine for you - the most important thing is to try not to stress to much and just enjoy it.

If you're worried about your boss letting slip then i'd hold of telling him/her until you feel happy to share your news.

Han x
mcflurry
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:33 pm 
Post subject:
hi i know how you feel when i found out i didnt want to tell anyone straight away but my bf told his sister who told their mum who told the whole of asda (she works there) i was mortifeied i'd just found out and everyone new before id got my head round the fact and before my own parents new i was so p'd off i couldnt belive it espesh as id said to her dont say anythin yet till ive told my own mum but she's a gob on legs then a few weeks after she told the people in the co-op how annoyed i was as they no my dad so how great this was going to be as me and my bf had only jus got back together and would be a major shock to them so i went mental at my bf sayin she has no rites tellin people why is she gossiping about her family yeah shes excited but if u say dont say anythin yet want 2 be safe and need 2 tell my own family before others do surely u can trust your bfs mum to do as you u ask but no not in that case so i told my mum at around 13 wks and she was shocked but pleased so we went the docs n had a scan at 14 wks then the next time my mum seen my bfs mum what does his mother say but ...... ive known for ages i kept telling them to tell you but they wouldnt which really hurt my mum i couldnt belive she said this i told my mum she knew b4 which she expected but why be so bitchy and rub it in so through this time i thought everything was going wrong and i was on my own i done a lot of crying and feeling like i was making the biggest mistake ever(even though i havent) and me and my fella had so many fall outs over this time by this time im 16 wks and not told my dad so i decided to tell him and the reaction i got was oh my god im so disapointed from him and his wife and i just thought thanks vry much for being there for me like they said they would if i ever got pregnant so i felt very low and hurt and betrayed by people closest to me apart from my mum she was brilliant Very Happy so aswell as thinking is everything with my baby going to be ok i had all this on my shoulders i then had my 20 week scan and my bf wanted to find the sex out but i didnt but i did anyway for his sake and his mum is trying to get it out of him i told him not to say anything or i wouldnt be able to trust himever again and would not talk to him and ive told him how much she annoyed me by mouthing off at the 1st chance she got so i wanted it to be our suprise so we could by things on the sly hehe and then tell everyone what it is when its here or people know what it is before and when u announce what you've had there like oh we know yer so its just somthin for me and my bf to share but she ccant see that and is naggin us to give in she has an idea of what it is so we let her just get on with thinking that as shes wrong hehe Razz but i know the whole of england will know then so im now 29 wks and everything seems to be running smoothly (AT LAST) well apart from failing my driving 3 times due to silly little mistakes like stopping at a green light grrr how nasty she could of let me off i got flustered babys kicking me and im a little confused but no lifes poo lol so i just thought id write u a reply to what you wrote to say if i were you dont say anything till ur safe and happy to tell or it could cause unessesary stress as my boss also let slip which i was so annoyed at you dont have to tell in writing untill the end of the 15th week before expected week of child birth which unless you have a very small tummy then its quite hard to keep it for that long hehe i told my boss at 15wks then the rest of work at 17wks its gone so quick tho and all the best and everything should be fine just remeber 2 try n keep as unstressed as poss :p and people will be there for you even if at time you feel like no body is and if you seem like something isnt rite go 2 ur midwife asap good luck hun hope 2 spk soon Very Happy p.s hope this blog wasnt 2 much for u just thought id let ya know that things do work out in the end and not to worry about things to much
Luckyducky
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:53 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks for the reply Mcflurry, it's really helpful to hear other people's points of view. I am lucky that my parents don't live near me, so won't hear via other people. However, I think I might hold off telling my boss for a bit. Feel I ought to tell her as I am a teacher and need to miss work for appointments etc, also need to avoid any children with chicken pox etc... but will wait a couple of weeks, until I am more sure of telling others.

Good to hear from others in same boat though, I would go mad if it were my bf who spread the news like yours!

Thanks, LD
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular