large baby at 31 weks!!!!!

katnrah
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:06 am 
Post subject: large baby at 31 weks!!!!!
This is my third baby, and i am 31 weeks pregnant.
We recently had to go back for a ultrascan at 31 weeks to monitor cronoid cysts, which thankfully have cleared up, but the sonographer has recomended that we return in two weeks as the baby is estimated at 2238grams, or 7.2 pounds.

now, i had a msg on my machine to call our ob back, but the office was closed by the time i returned home. is this a problem having a baby so large, there is absolutly no mistaking my dates due to health issues.

any ideas???? my first baby weighed 8pounds, and my second was 7.6lb no wonder i feel like i'm about to deliver!!!!

i still have 9 more weeks!!!!
:shock: :shock: :shock:
HannahM
AskBaby Team
AskBaby Team
Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 12:38 pm 
Post subject:
My goodness you are expecting a big'un Very Happy - congratulations
Must have come as a bit of a shock I suppose - how are you feeling about it?

x
mcflurry
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 4:04 pm 
Post subject:
WOW THATS QUITE BIG I THINK YOUR BABY WILL JUST SLOW DOWN ON GAINING ANYMORE WEIGHT THEY NORMLY TEND TO MIND YOU THO MY NAN HAD 4 CHILDREN SHES VERY PETITE AND HAS BEEN FOR ALL HER LIFE (JUDGING FROM PHOTO'S) AND THE BIGGEST BABY SHE HAD WAS MY FATHER WEIGHING 11LBS NOW THIS WORRIED ME ALOT AS IM VERY PETITE ALTHO I ONLY WEIGHED 5LB 15 1/2 OZ MY BF WEIGHED 7LB 11 OZ AND HIS SISTERS HAVE ALL BEEN IN THE 9LB REGION SO I THINK MY BABY IS GONG TO BE LARGE HEHE GOOD LUCK ANYWAY AND IM SURE YOU'LL BE FINE JUST TAKE LOADS OF PAIN KILLERS I AM GOING TO Very Happy XX
Charlplusbabies
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 8:58 am 
Post subject:
goodness me. you are growing a little lump!!

no one canm really give you info on this, only the medical professionals that are dealin with your situation.
do you have gestational diabeties???

if babys around the 7lb mark now then it'll be about 9lb born which is becomin the more common of weights for babies these days.
keep us posted on what they say xxx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular