just a random ramble!!

shelleyf
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:51 pm 
Post subject: just a random ramble!!
I am 29 and my OH is 50 in August so and we are trying for our first although he has two older children from his previous marriage - i worry so much that it will be unfiar for a baby to have parents who are 30 (i am 30 next march) and 50 years old i feel so sad that i didn't have children when i was younger but i went to uni and have a great career but feel that although the child will be ok financilaly i will be in my 40's when they start secondary school and will be so out of touch with things and OH will be 60!!
The other thing that really stresses me out is what the reaction of my older step children will be he has a son 22 and a daughter 21 and when the baby word has been mentioned before they both make OH feel so bad about daring to want another child etc.
Any way that is just a few of my "older parent" ramblings!! Bye!!
Posted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:23 am 
Post subject:
I can't deny your OH is an "older parent" but you're not !! I think there are so many youngsters having babies that it's easy to feel as if you're "old" to have your first baby in your 20s. I'm coming up to 34 now and wouldn't have been at all ready years ago and I often wonder if some people really are. You've done this according to your own timetable and there's nothing wrong with that and don't worry about being in your 40s later on, you're as old as you feel, don't label yourself and prejudge and create problems that won't exist unless you let them Smile Enjoy !!
Posted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:37 am 
Post subject:
Hi there,
I'm 30 in October and am about 7 weeks pregnant so due in March. I don't consider myself to be an older parent at all. Congratulations and best wishes xxx Very Happy
Posted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:33 pm 
Post subject:
hiya, im a young mum, im 19, but my partner is 37, I just thought id drop you a word to say i bet ul make great parents, youv shown you obviously care a great deal about any future children just by putting this post up!!! xxx

[/url]
wriggler2008
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:46 am 
Post subject:
yeah i am a younger parent too but my oh is mid 30s and i dont consider either of us 'older parents'.

i grew up with an older parent, my mum was 40 when she had me and to be honest it was a ton better than my friends whos parents were younger, everyone used to comment on how cool my mum was (not because she was into cool things just because of the way she treated me and the things she knew) and how they wished their mum was morelike mine...

your not an older mum at all and it sounds like you ahve done the best in your life to give your child the best start in their life! part of me wishes that i had sorted out a proper career path before having kids but i know i also have chance to do it when they go back to school so im just embraching the decisions that i have made Very Happy

good luck with ttc sending lots of baby dust!
Katie21
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:01 pm 
Post subject:
Heya, you're definitly not an older parent! My mum and dad were exactly your age when i was born and to me i dont see them as their age now (50)!

K xxx

sharon34
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:13 pm 
Post subject:
Hey Hun

dont worry a friend of mine is 35 and her OH is 55 and they have a 2yr old son her 3rd his 1st ....her OH was no way grown up enough till she got pregnant but now takes it all in his stride ......my Midwife is 39 and her son is 18mths and she says when your older is so much easier .....

take care hun

x x x

Xavier lifes pure joy
shelleyf
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:15 am 
Post subject:
Thank you so much for all your lovely replies i think i was having a bad day last week when i wrote that!! xxxxxx
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular