Jealousy

womble29
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:32 pm 
Post subject: Jealousy
Hi all
I was just wondering if any of you are finding that the older children are jealous of baby/unborn baby? My daughter who is 16 gets very jealous of my 13 month old (he has a different dad to her although she still sees her dad regularly). Now I am having another one she has said that she is going to move out cos she absolutely doesnt want to live in a house with 2 small children.
Its a bit difficult at times. My eldest son (nearly 1Cool absolutely adores his little brother on the other hand. Just hope this one isnt a girl cos I think she will be even worse!
Anyone got any advice?
Posted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 3:36 pm 
Post subject:
hey womble - not been there so can't help! you might be better off posting this in the parenting or support sections to get more people looking? let me know if you'd like me to move this post, or just pop in a duplicate if you rpefer Very Happy
Posted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:52 am 
Post subject:
My 18 year old daughter is really looking forward to a new baby in the house (as long as it's a girl) My 12 year son is really looking forward to a new baby in the house (as long as it's a boy). Maybe 16 is just an awkward age, my 18 year old has matured so much over the last two years. Oh and for some reason, my 18 year old wants to be in charge of the new child's wardrobe - apparantly I havent got a clue, lol.
Posted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 5:39 pm 
Post subject:
Smile I discussed this with ALL my kids before starting ttc.. as they are from my 1st marriage.. my eldest is 17 and youngest is 10.. they are all fine with the idea... but may change if it does really happen!! hopefully she will come roound xx
Angel Baby due 21/6/2012 (m/c)
All 3 much loved and wanted xx
michelletv
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:11 pm 
Post subject:
i am sure she will eventually come around. 16 is a difficult age dealing with growing up etc. my 14 year old son, loves his sister, but at times he cant stand her. Not sure how it's going to be with a new baby around, but we all excited and cant wait for her.
take carexx
My 5 year old is looking forward to having a sister to play with.
Posted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:52 pm 
Post subject: jealousy
Well I dont have jealousy issues. I have two older daughters 17 and 19 and I recently had a baby boy. I think the fact that he is a he helps. I told them when I found out it was a boy that my oldest daughter still holds the title of the first born and the first grandchild so she is special and my youngest I told her she is still my youngest baby girl which makes her special. lol. They love their little brother and are very helpful and happy he is here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Older Parents All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular