Bottle Feeding Problems

Mimi3
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 1:12 pm 
Post subject: Bottle Feeding Problems
As I was sadly unable to breastfeed I am having to bottle feed and was recommended by a friend to use Aptamil. Alfie now 1 month old weighs just over 10lbs. and I am feeding him 'hungry baby' formula. He is taking 4ozs. per feed.
My problem is that he seems constantly hungry and I seem to be feeding him constantly. He also seems to have a lot of colic. HELP. Rolling Eyes
aruns
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 1:12 pm 
Post subject:
Sorry to hear that u have not been able to persevere with breast feeds.

From the information given it is difficult to offer appropriate advice. For a 1 month old the weight seems OK(although it is important to always know the previous weights, esp. the birth weight for comparison). 4 ounces(no evidence for one milk product over an other) may seem fine but how often does the baby feed?

A 'hungry baby' is not an unusual problem but the question is whether crying always indicates hunger. Colic is common but harmless.

A health visitor will be of great help for such problems. If not see you GP. Do this now please to tease the problem out and to ensure appropriate management.

Feel free to ask me too(with more details of the problems)- I am a baby doc and will be happy to advice.

Aruns
http://babyhealthinfo.googlepages.com
Julia68
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 9:27 am 
Post subject: Newborn Bottle feeding
Hello,
I am personally a believer in breastfeeding, especially with newborn babies, however I do understand that this is not always possible. I would say that should you have to feed baby formula, make sure that you choose the right one. There are lots of information out there - here is some that I found;
http://www.euhopla.co.uk/TipsonBottleFeeding.html

Good luck Very Happy
J
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Your Newborn Baby All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular